Crocheted food to play with...

Has anyone made crocheted food/kitchen stuff for toys for their kids, or grandkids?

If so, what have u made, how does it hold up, whats popular, and where would one find/get the patterns?

Thanks so much in advance!!

My nieces love their crocheted food. It gets fuzzy like anything yarn but as long as they keep it away from their dog it has held up fine. Also much safer for "brutus" the youngesdt to throw around and less painful for my sister to step on in the mess. All my crocheted food has come from crochet pattern central.

I get tons of family requests for the crocheted food. I even got Mom started making the knitted food.

I have a page on my blog with free pattern links for food patterns for crocheted, knitted and even a couple loom knitted items.

Based on the fact they keep asking for more stuff (of different kinds not the same items) I would say the stuff holds up well. I have several family members that are moving away from plastic toys, so the crochet food stuff has become a popular item for their play kitchens.

Check your local library as well as there are several wonderful books with food crochet patterns. I have purchased a few of them because I use the patterns frequently for people who want toy kitchen items and they are my "go to" patterns for some of those items. However, you can preview the library copies to see if there is anything you would make frequently enough to bother purchasing.

As far as what to make it depends on the kids. I have made breakfast meals, cups with drinks in them, hamburgers, cookies. I branched out and made pans. There is such a range of patterns out there much depends on what you want to make and how encouraged they are to use it in pretend creative play.

Archived