Hello from New Mexico!

Valerie77

Not yet. The weatherman keeps telling us it's going to rain, but not yet. Can't wait, though, we really need it. Do you have any good yarn stores down there? I usually have to go to Gossamer Threads in Durango, CO, to get the good stuff. Or ebay. I'm an ebay addict.

the only place to get yarn/fabric around here is walmart, like in so many other small towns. and the selection is quite limited (as everyone knows). used to be some great stores here (surplus city was a favorite) but theyre gone now thanks to walmart...:angry oh well, what can you do? i suppose there are places in cruces/el paso but thats about 1 1/2 hour drive from here. i do some internet ordering and just starting to get into ebay (it IS addicting), so at least im not totally isolated!!

wow, there are so many of you from here/around here...thats cool!

:welcome Valerie, I live in Los Lunas. I know that your going to love it here I have learned so much. I feel your frustration about buying yarn even thought I am close to ABQ where there are a few yarn stores I just cant afford what their asking so I end up buying from Wal Mart.

Archived