hl i love this yarn "breeze"

mva5493

not sure if this is the right place for this if not, please excuse me. I am a but frustrated at the moment. I have several skiens of i love this yarn "breeze" and I can't seem to find the right pattern to use it with.

So while I am sitting here waiting for this yarn to tell me what it wants to be when it grows up, lol. I was curious if anyone else has used it or had similar diffuculites.

So are you a yarn whisperer??? do you just know what to do with a certain yarn.... LOL, I think I am losing my mind here time to step away from the yarn for a bit, gain a little perspective,:think:think

Sometimes I know exactly what pattern to use for a certain type of yarn, other times, it just sits there patiently waiting for me to decide. I haven't used Breeze yet but it happens to me more often than not.

LI Roe

Some yarns are better at "communicating" thier deepest desires than others are to us.....I suggest time, give it some time, I'ts probably still just taking stock of it's new surroundings, and overly happy, to be Off that uncomfortable Shelf!!

Some yarns are better at "communicating" thier deepest desires than others are to us.....I suggest time, give it some time, I'ts probably still just taking stock of it's new surroundings, and overly happy, to be Off that uncomfortable Shelf!!

that may be true lol, but it should be adjusted by now I bought it over a month ago lol

:rofl I never thought about the mental adjustment of the yarn! Will have to be sure I keep mine nice and comfy :D

But seriously i usually have to swatch to see what is the best use of a yarn. Sometimes my first thought is right on, but mostly I have to really get a feel for it.

oh this is happening to me right now!! :huh

I bought 5 skeins of I love this yarn in black tweed, I want to crochet a poncho for myself.

I started the Lionbrand 'coming home' poncho, I got halfway through and didnt like it so I pulled it out. Then I started a different poncho patten, I am not happy with this one either.

I am just about to pull it out again :( I dont think this yarn wants to be a poncho!

What color is "breeze"? i can't find it online... this has happened to me many times!! I often buy yarn with a certain pattern in mind but if I don't at least start it right away I usually loose my motivation and end up changing my mind about the whole thing :lol Then I have to decide what new project to use it on!!

The is Hobby lobby I love this yarn flower print color #900 breeze" here are some pics I was thinking granny squares but still not sure guess I need more practice as a yarn whisperer, lol.

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0976.jpg

[/url]

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0977.jpg

So far I have tried a straight ripple, which I kinda liked but the pattern I chose was too holey, then I tried a round ripple couldn't decide on a color to go with it. I don't like to use a varigated yarn as the center of a round ripple, so that didn't work, granny square was my last attempt just not sure what to do with it.

I guess it's talking to me in a foreign language right now, maybe I need a good interpreter lol.

So far I have tried a straight ripple, which I kinda liked but the pattern I chose was too holey, then I tried a round ripple couldn't decide on a color to go with it. I don't like to use a varigated yarn as the center of a round ripple, so that didn't work, granny square was my last attempt just not sure what to do with it.

I guess it's talking to me in a foreign language right now, maybe I need a good interpreter lol.

Well, it is a 'print' yarn and those look best knitted in stocking stitch or single or double crochet, nothing fancy. It's a yarn that wants to do all the work for you. It would look cute in an tunisian entrelac pattern too. Hope this helps.

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=IMG_0021.jpg

well as you can see this yarn and I are communicating a bit now, but there are still some translation issues. probably didn't give it enough time lol. but I think my tension is getting better, and stockinette stitch doesn't seem so much of a mystery anymore. I am contemplating making several more of these scarfs and making a throw out of them, not sure about joining panels together, but I thought perhaps I would crochet them and put a crochet edge around it as well. I think this is going to be a wip for quite some time, as the communication is still a work in progress also. :hook:hook

Archived