knit dishcloth

mva5493

I made this yesterday, and although it is knit, and has some imperfections, I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I consider myself a beginning knitter, and I have never before attempted stitching without following a pattern, until now......

most of the dishcloths I have made before are the same pattern (grandma's favorite aka idiot's dishcloth), I wanted to try something different and work in stockinette stitch. Here is my finished cloth, it is made in stockinette stitch with garter stitch border, made with peaches and cream (white) and sugar and cream twists (pink/white). No pattern, just something I put together...now back to crocheting, lol

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p403/mva549308/?action=view&current=HPIM0974.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs346.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fp403%2Fmva549308%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DHPIM0968.jpg

It turned out beautifully! I too am a beginning knitter.. No purling for me yet!

I am still new to purling as well, it's not hard just awkward, but that is part of the reason for this cloth, my tension needs work, and what better way than with a dishcloth?

:)I too am a beginner knitter. I only know the basics, nothing fancy. I really like your dishcloth and love how you have the colors alternating, very pretty.

just my opinion, but I think the stripe pattern make it looks more complicated. I will be repeating this one. thank you.

Your dishcloth turned out great!! Great colors too!! My "fave" dishrag to make is "grandma's favorite" and it is so rightfully called, "idiot's dishcloth"--I even take this to the movies....if the movie is moving slow, or the movie isn't very interesting to me, I will take out my "circular" knitting needles(much easier than the two knitting needles) and in one movie, I actually finished a dishrag!! :)

Your dishcloth turned out great!! Great colors too!! My "fave" dishrag to make is "grandma's favorite" and it is so rightfully called, "idiot's dishcloth"--I even take this to the movies....if the movie is moving slow, or the movie isn't very interesting to me, I will take out my "circular" knitting needles(much easier than the two knitting needles) and in one movie, I actually finished a dishrag!! :)

I love that pattern as well, it is my favorite to actually use in the kitchen. I also use circulars, they travel much easier than standard needles. and the dishcloth is the perfect size for stitching while waiting in the dr. office or any other place we have to wait, it's mindless enough that I can work on it and not worry about making mistakes because I am not focusing completely on my stitches.

I love that pattern as well, it is my favorite to actually use in the kitchen. I also use circulars, they travel much easier than standard needles. and the dishcloth is the perfect size for stitching while waiting in the dr. office or any other place we have to wait, it's mindless enough that I can work on it and not worry about making mistakes because I am not focusing completely on my stitches.

I started using my circular needles because it never failed that a needle would fall to the floor, especially in the theatre....1 the noise that it would make as it fell to the floor, and 2 having to hunt it down while theatre is dark!!:lol And this evening hubby and I went to a movie, "Killer Elite" with Jason Statham and Robert DeNiro.....I wasn't in the mood for that kind of movie, so I grabbed my bag with a dishrag I had started a few movies earlier.....I just about finished the dishrag!!:)

my fav knit dishcloth is the pinwheel pattern found on lots of cotton wrappers but you have to fiddle around with double point needles which I love anyhow..your design is much prettier then grannies of which I have made lots of too lol

my fav knit dishcloth is the pinwheel pattern found on lots of cotton wrappers but you have to fiddle around with double point needles which I love anyhow..your design is much prettier then grannies of which I have made lots of too lol

I love the look of the pinwheel, but frankly I am very much intimidated by dpns. I need to do a lot more practiing before I am ready for those, lol. Granny's favorite it my favorite one to actually do dishes with, so that one I make very frequently.

I started using my circular needles because it never failed that a needle would fall to the floor, especially in the theatre....1 the noise that it would make as it fell to the floor, and 2 having to hunt it down while theatre is dark!!:lol And this evening hubby and I went to a movie, "Killer Elite" with Jason Statham and Robert DeNiro.....I wasn't in the mood for that kind of movie, so I grabbed my bag with a dishrag I had started a few movies earlier.....I just about finished the dishrag!!:)

that is another good reason for the circulars, no more dropped needles! when making the granny's favorite/idiot's dishcloth, I have started and finished one while waiting at the hairdresser (while my daughter was getting her hair done, lots of hair so it takes a long time), waiting in dr.s office, anytime I have free time, I always have something to stitich.

Archived