Squeaky Red Heart

Lynn

I have used Red Heart for years but have not run into this before. I just purchased 2 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver white and it doesn't "slide" when working it - it actually SQUEAKS as it works on and off the hook! I know its not the softest of yarns but this is crazy! I use ILTY by Hobby Lobby whenever I can but was going to just use the white as an edging on a square so figured Red Heart was cheaper so got that. Has anyone run across this before? I have e-mailed Red Heart but haven't heard back from them yet

I have run into squeeking yarn a few times in the past, but it has been years. I don't know what causes it.

I have had it happen too. I wonder that maybe the yarn is a little "Off" in the chemical balance and that's why it squeaks. It is strange.

:manyheart

speaking of red's ss I ran into Mikes this morn to see if they were getting in Martha stewart yarns the Mikes ad said Martha's line was coming in Oct well that was the first my Manager had heard of getting her yarn so nada to look at, but I did feel some of the new stock of Red ss the yarn woman was taking out of boxes and is it my imagination or are they making it a tad softer now? with the new skeins that is

Archived