What is the biggest item you have frooged?

I am trying to make a tote bag. I saw a picture of one and can't find a pattern for it. SO I am just making it off the top of my head. The problem I have now is that it is starting to be too big. I have the handles pinned on and I lifted it and the bag just crumbles in on its self.

I know what I have to do and it breaks my heart to have to pull anything out. But there is also no reason to finish this bag if I will never use it because it is not right. :eek:thair:bang

So...what is the biggest thing you have had to frog?

Abby, Before you rippit, rippit, is it possible to line it with something so it won't collapse? I've used plastic canvas between the lining and the bag and have had good results when making purses. Those big, thin, cheapy plastic cutting boards that are sold at the dollar store might work, too. I've thought about punching a few holes along the sides, lacing the pieces together and tucking them under the lining of a huge bag I made a few years ago, but haven't gotten to it yet, lol.

I've been crocheting for over 40 years and have frogged too many things to count. If I'm really attached to something, I just stuff it in the back of the closet and call it a 'work in progress'. Trust me, there's a lot of gold, orange and avocado yarn still stuffed away in there from when I first started knitting and crocheting!!

Good luck!

I haven't actually thought of that. I wasn't planning on using a liner. This would just be my wip bag. I think I am still going to frog it but put a liner in too. I am not going to be too heart broken over it, just frustrated. lol

When I'm designing something I frog a lot. Sometimes I when have to frog a design, I'll just cut it from the skein and start :crocheting and frogging at the same time :lol. I frogged a knitted sweater that had a hole. I've heard people buy used sweaters, wash them and frog them to recycle the :yarn.

Ellie 13

Someone just recently asked this same questions, heres the link to the thread: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131338&highlight=frogged

The largest thing I've frogged was an afghan that was 3/4 of the way done. It was a ripppled sort of a pattern so there was a lot of color changing. It was horrible but I'm glad I did it b/c I made another afghan out of the yarn that I love.

Archived