post-11825-135897697182_thumb.jpg
Copyright to champygirl September 16, 2011

Materials:

Worsted Weight Cotton is yellow, dark brown and light brown
Size G or H hook
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Different Stitches:

Back Back Loop of next sc: post-11825-135897697188_thumb.jpg
Working into the back back loop leaves the front and back loop free so you get more of a ridge. If you have problems working into the back back loop try instead to work into the normal back loop.

Directions:

Rnd 1: With yellow ch2, 4 sc in 2nd chain from hook, join with sl st to first sc.
(4sc)

Rnd 2: Ch1, 3 sc in same st as joining, 3 sc in each of the next 3 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(12sc)

Rnd 3: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 3 sc in next st, [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 3 sc in next st] Do this 3 times, 1 sc in next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(20sc)

Finish off yellow.

Rnd 4: Join dark brown with sl st to back back loop of any middle sc (of 3 sc corner), ch1, 1 sc in same back back loop, [*1 hdc in back back loop of next st, 1 dc in back back loop of next st, 1 dc in back back loop of next st, 1 hdc in back back loop of next st,* 1 sc in back back loop of next st] Do this 3 times, Repeat from * to * once, join with sl st to first sc.
(4sc, 8 hdc, 8dc)

Rnd 5: Ch2, 2 dc in same st as joining, [1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st] Do this 9 times, 1 dc in next st, join with sl st to first dc.
(30dc) (Beginning ch2 does not count as dc)

Rnd 6: Ch2, 1 dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in next st, [1 dc in next st, 2 dc in next st] Do this 13 times, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, join with sl st to first dc.
(44dc) (Beginning ch2 does not count as dc)

Rnd 7: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, [skip next st, 7 dc in next st, skip next st, 1 sc in next st] Do this 10 times, skip next st, 7 dc in next st, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(11 shells, 11 sc)

Finish off dark brown.

Rnd 8: Join light brown with sl st to back loop only to middle dc of any shell (4th dc of group of 7), ch1, 1 sc in same back loop, 1 sc in back loop only of next st, 1 hdc in back loop only of next st, skip next st, 1 dc in back loop only of next st, skip next st, 1 hdc in back loop only of next st, [1 sc in back loop only in each of the next 3 sts, 1 hdc in back loop only of next st, skip next st, 1 dc in back loop only of next st, skip next st, 1 hdc in back loop only of next st] Do this 10 times, 1 sc in back loop only of next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(33sc, 22 hdc 11dc) (66sts total)

Rnd 9: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 65 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(66sc)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!
Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl September 16, 2011. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Edited by champygirl
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I think the back back stitches are called Camel Crochet (working in the back "hump"). The booklet I have does with it hdc or dc, so the front/right side of the piece looks like knit. I got the booklet in the mid 90's from Leisure Arts or Needle Craft Shop ( :think ). Back then I bought lots of books offering "new" crochet techniques/stitches.

Ellie 13