Bullion with ease.

Dunsire

Bullion crochet cushion by Dunsire, Hi I've been away for a while due to circumstances beyond my control. While parts of me were incapacitated my mind wasn't so I got to work on my crochet and whilst looking through some of my ancient crochet hooks and I mean ancient, over 40 years old, I came across a little tool that I had made and after a bit of thought remembered I had made it to help me make bullion crochet a great deal easier. I couldn't recall all the ways I used it, so started playing about with it and here is one use for the bullions. I came up with. If you wish you can visit my Flickr site to see others. I have since started on a pdf 'how to' so that is taking up more time. Just one more overnight stay in hospital and I can put all of my problems behind me and get on with my love of crochet.

This picture show one of a really old set of cushions spruced up. Hugs Joyce. Hope this link works.

Look I'm sorry but I still can't find out how to download my pictures

So until I figure it out take a peek at my flickr site. 6076118275_9feb539290.jpg

Originally my bullions didn't come out even and I envy those who do the large ones with ease but since re-using my little toy I've got back into it. I'm putting up another post of another cushion I've just completed, I even took it with me for my overnight stay in hospital that's how keen I am. I'm calling the cushion Gold Bullion for obvious reasons and hopefully I can master actually downloading the picture instead of just the link. Thanks for the interest you have all shown. Soon I should complete the pdf on it and then a friend is going to give it a try. Hugs Joyce

Here's wishing you a quick return to good health.

I really enjoyed looking at all your projects, and love the bullion pillows. I've been somewhat obsessed with crocheting flower motifs lately, and just this week tried to do the bullion stitch and failed yet again. I'm looking forward to your tutorial. For the life of me, I just can't ge the dadblasted hook through all those loops.

What prompted me to try bullion again was the desire to attach freeform floral crochet to a pillow without a detachable cover. Did you attach your crocheted flowers to a pillow like that, and if so I'm wondering how you did it? I can't figure out how to get a needle in and out of a stuffed pillow.

Hi Kay, with my cushions I inserted a stiff piece of card inside it so that when I attached the bullions I didn't go right through, which is what I did with the first ones I tried, which meant I had to unpick my sewing, lesson learned the hard way. The material of these cushions is such that a blunt tapestry type needle works perfectly for sewing them on. Thanks all for your lovely comments. and I'm only able to do these bullions because of the gadget I made 40+ years ago, once the pdf is complete it includes how to make one to suit the size crochet hook used. Hugs Joyce

Archived