Linked Rings Bookmark and Bordered Linked Rings Bookmark

champygirl

Please send me a pm if you find any errors.

Enjoy!!! :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Linked Rings Bookmark and Bordered Linked Rings Bookmark

post-11825-135897682622_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl July 30, 2011

Materials:

Size 10 thread

Size 6 steel hook (1.80mm)

Needle (to weave in ends)

Different Stitches:

Treble Crochet (TC)- Yarn over 2 times insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, [yarn over, draw through 2 loops] Do this 3 times.

Directions for Linked Rings Bookmark:

Ring Link 1: Ch9, join with sl st to first chain to form ring, ch1, 15 sc in ring, join with sl st.
(15 sc)

Ring Link 2: Ch5, 1 TC in 5th chain from hook, ch1, 7 sc in ring (working over TC), sl st in joining sl st of Ring Link 1, 7 sc in ring, join with sl st to first sc.
(14 sc)

Ring Link 3: Ch5, 1 TC in 5th chain from hook, ch1, 7 sc in ring (working over TC), sl st in joining sl st of last Ring Link made, 7 sc in ring, join with sl st to first sc.
(14 sc)

Ring Links 4-11: Repeat Directions for Ring Link 3 for Ring Links 4 thru 11.

Finish off and Weave in ends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Directions for Bordered Linked Rings:

Ring Link 1: Ch9, join with sl st to first chain to form ring, ch1, 15 sc in ring, join with sl st.
(15 sc)

Ring Link 2: Ch5, 1 TC in 5th chain from hook, ch1, 7 sc in ring (working over TC), sl st in joining sl st of Ring Link 1, 7 sc in ring, join with sl st to first sc.
(14 sc)

Ring Link 3: Ch5, 1 TC in 5th chain from hook, ch1, 7 sc in ring (working over TC), sl st in joining sl st of last Ring Link made, 7 sc in ring, join with sl st to first sc.
(14 sc)

Ring Links 4-10: Repeat Directions for Ring Link 3 for Ring Links 4 thru 10.

Now you’re going to start working in Rnds.

Rnd 1: Ch5, skip next 2 sc, sl st in next sc, *[ch5, skip next 3 sc of current ring and skip next 3 sc of next ring, sl st in next sc] Do this 9 times*, ch5, skip next 3 sc, sl st in next sc, ch5, skip next 3 sc, sl st in next sc, Repeat from * to * once, ch5, skip next 3 sts, join with sl st to joining sl st of last Ring Link made.
(22-ch5 loops)

Rnd 2: 9 sc in next ch5 loop, 9 sc in each of the next 21-ch5 loops, join with sl st to first sc.
(198sc)

Finish off and Weave in ends.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl July 30, 2011. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Looking at these just gave me an idea. I've been trying to come up with an adjustable strap for water bottle holders (using buttons on holder), and this seems to be a quite attractive alternative. Thanks for the idea. Think I will "play with it" later. Could even make a nice bracelet. Thanks so much for the pattern and the sharing of your talent.

Wow...at a glance, I'd say that was tatting--very clever.

I thought the same thing and was bummed since I don't tat. But after taking a second look and realizing that it wasn't tatting... happy dance!

Thanks for sharing your patterns. You are very generous.

Archived