Remember the Day- 18" doll

darski

Remember the days – 18” doll :pinterest

post-4896-13589767794_thumb.jpg

Someone in a Y group mentioned this style of dress. It was made with deep hems and generous ease so you could grow together. Long lovely ties held all that generosity in check and a peter Pan collar was the defining final touch.

Red Heart Designer Sport yarn in colours as you choose and 4.5mm hook

Ch 23…

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and ea ch across.(22hdc)

Row 2: sc in 1st, 2 FPsc in ea to last, sc in last.

Row 3: *dc in 1st, 2 dc in next* across.(58dc)

Row 4: dc in 6, 2dc in next 2, dc in 13, 2dc in next 2, dc in 12, 2dc in next 2, dc in 13, 2dc in next 2, dc in 6.

Row 5: dc in 7, 2dc in next 2, dc in 15, 2dc in next 2, dc in 14, 2dc in next 2, dc in 15, 2dc in next 2, dc in 7.

Row 6: dc in 8, 2dc in next 2, dc in 17, 2dc in next 2, dc in 16, 2dc in next 2, dc in 17, 2dc in next 2, dc in 8.

Row 7: dc in 11, sk 19, dc in 22, sk 19, dc in 11.

Row 8: dc evenly across, secure but DNBO yarn over the next trim rows.

Rows 9-12: work in sc alternating a contrasting colour with a row of your main colour.

Row 13: work 1 sc in both front and back loops of ea sc.

Row 14-15: dc evenly. join at the end of row 15 and turn to continue.

Rows 16-> : I left the last number open so you can make your dress as long as you like it but plan ahead. One reason mine got too long is that I didn’t allow for the “rickrack’ rows which I felt I needed for the effect. I worked 9 rows of dc, then the rows of Rickrack trim with alternating MC rows and I finished with a final dc row. I would not work more than 7 dc rows if I did this again and might even go to 6.

The sleeves… work as for most sleeve patterns work 3 full rows of dc then “hem” with…

Work *sc in 2, sc dec next* rep to end.

Work one final row of sc.

The collar…

Around neck edge work sc in 2, 2 sc in next.

Work row of dc but when you get to centre front work a [ch3, sl st in next, ch3,] dc to end so that you get the Peter Pan collar look. Work increases only as needed to keep the collar flat.

Please note that the little bow near the rickrack was made because I had to add in a new skein.

post-4896-135897677946_thumb.jpg

I added ties in chain sts at both sides

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2011

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

I follow all your AG Designs hopefully, so that by the time my youngest granddaughter aquires one (she is only 2 right now), I will be able to make a complete wardrobe of clothing for it. Your designs are so pretty, and you have so much talent! Thanks so much for sharing!

I do have one question though, where can I find a 4.5mm hook, that you mention and use so much in your designs? My hook chart for aluminum hooks lists a G/4mm and a H/5mm, but lists the 4.5mm as a 7, and here in the States, I've never seen one for sale. Just wondering, if that is a common hook in your area?

Thanks again for the wonderful designs.

I follow all your AG Designs hopefully, so that by the time my youngest granddaughter aquires one (she is only 2 right now), I will be able to make a complete wardrobe of clothing for it. Your designs are so pretty, and you have so much talent! Thanks so much for sharing!

I do have one question though, where can I find a 4.5mm hook, that you mention and use so much in your designs? My hook chart for aluminum hooks lists a G/4mm and a H/5mm, but lists the 4.5mm as a 7, and here in the States, I've never seen one for sale. Just wondering, if that is a common hook in your area?

Thanks again for the wonderful designs.

Because I am in Canada I get the metric sizing. I have a Lighted hook that is labeled as G-4.5mm. I seem to recall a discussion about the sizes for the G-H and how there are some that actually provide a 4.5. You could try asking in Crochet help or (better yet) Other Crochet Topics to get this info.

In my little pea brain, I keep thinking that Bates has a hook that fits in there but I wouldn't bet the rent money on it.

and :ty for your kind words. In my Yahoo Dora group (duds for Dora) I have patterns for a lot of other doll types that may be useful as your little one grows.

Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate that. Right now my granddaughter is "into" Dora, so guess what her Christmas will be this year?? Thanks again for all that you do and share. Doris

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived