Natura (Caron) One Pound

Amibel

I'm wanting to make myself an afghan, double-stranded in hdc, with two shades of brown in the pounders. However, none of our stores in my little town carry the pounders and I've never worked with it before.

Texturally, is it more like Caron's Simply Soft or is it more like RHSS? I don't want to use it if its like RHSS when I can get RHSS here in town.

I think it's a little heavier and a little softer than RHSS. I do not have a blanket done in a pounder for myself (yet) but RHSS does wash up soft if you over-dose it with fabric softener and it hold up fantastic! I have a CSS that is balling after a few washings, it's still soft but pilly.....

Natura One Pound is definitely more like Red Heart Super Saver, but nicer, softer, and better body. I've been very happy with all the Natura I've used.

Caron Simply Soft is thinner than both of the others and is quite limp.

Nothing. The Natura is the same as the Pounder. It's closer to Red Heart than it is to Simply Soft. It's softer, thicker and has better body. It washes up beautifully and much softer as well.

I purchase most of my pounders thru Joanns.com when they have yarn on sale and free shipping coupons. I saved close to $30 on my last order buying it that way. You never have to wait long for Joann's to put their yarn on sale either.

If you like working with boucle I'd also suggest checking out Joann's Sensations self striping yarn. I love it!

Okay, since it sounds like its softer than RHSS, I went ahead and ordered 4 of the pounders, 2 in each color. I can buy more if it looks like I'm going to run out :D

Thanks folks!

I LOVE caron pounders!! I'm pretty sure you can order it online if you wanted to go that route. Many times lately Joann's has free shipping on orders!!

I bought it online through Walmart and got Site to Store free shipping, plus my husband's discount (which essentially paid the sales tax :lol)

That's true, so I hope others can enjoy the sale :)

I only bought 4 skeins total so I wouldn't have gotten free shipping, plus the sales tax, so it would have cost me more at JA than Walmart. Two nearly-10 month olds don't leave a lot of budgeting for yarn :lol

Archived