What is the difference between.....

CLLinda

Addi Turbos and Addi Turbo Lace needles? Patternworks has both, in the size I need (10) and I was wondering what the difference is? I am using worsted weight yarn, so I was wondering if the Lace needles were more pointy than the regular ones.

Can anyone help me?

:manyheart

I don't know for sure.....but the first thing that came to mind is that the lace needles would have a sharper point. I've heard that people that knit lace like a real pointy needle.

Addi Turbos and Addi Turbo Lace needles? Patternworks has both, in the size I need (10) and I was wondering what the difference is? I am using worsted weight yarn, so I was wondering if the Lace needles were more pointy than the regular ones.

Can anyone help me?

I am no expert on Addi but I think the lace needles are a tad more pointy, and they are usually quite a bit smaller than a #10, assuming you use laceweight yarn. Obviously if you make lace of worsted the size needle would be in the #10 range. I think I use a #3 KnitPicks Harmony for laceweight yarn and LOVE it. Just the right amount of "grab". Really slick needles (KnitPicks nickels come to mind) make it hard for me to manage the lace.

• 1 month later...

For Lace knitting you want a sharper pointed needle. That way when you knit some of the stitches you can grab or get threw them easier. I like the nickle plated knitPicks, the yarn slides off better and the points are pointy..

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help me?

I own both of them. 1. Addi Lace needles are the same size as the regular Addi turbo (and any other brand), they just have a much sharper point.

2. Addi Lace needles are gold in color and the turbo's are silver.

I have a full set of the addi clicks in the turbo and just love them. The set was my Christmas present last year.!

Archived