May Charity CAL 5/19 - 5/24

nicolep

Can you believe it's already time for another charity CAL?!?! The CAL will run from 5/19 through midnight on 5/24. Please join us! The more the merrier. :hook

For new comers -

Anything handmade (crochet, knit, sew...whatever you like to do) counts towards the charity CAL. A group of us get together once a month and dedicate six days to charity. We chat about what we're making and lots of other non-craft things that pop up. At the end of the event, we post our totals in big, bold letters so we can all see how much a few people can do.

Feel free to post any questions!

I'm going to work on HAP stuff this month. I'll probably have both afghans sewed together by the time the weekend starts. So, I'll just make some rectangles. I might work on some baby stuff to break up any monotony.

I hope to see you all here! :manyheart

I'm going to have to pass this month. I leave town on the 20th and return late on the 23rd. Will have a small project with me but don't expect to get much done. I'll check in if I am can to see what is being worked on.

I think I'll work on 6 and 12 inch squares for online angels or maybe a scarf or two for winter or maybe a pair of booties or two!

I have two prayer shawls to make, so will probably be working on them this month. One is started with a little over half of the back done.

I have 11 rectangles done so far. So I thought I'd share a picture. I don't have all of the tails weaved in yet though. I tend to do that all at once when I want to do something mindless.

post-28827-135897660507_thumb.jpg

I didn't do anything I thought I was going to do....I cleaned out my yarn closet and found some yummy soft bumpy yarn in pastels so I started a round ripple! I think I'm about 12 inches round on it now.

Here is the cat mat I finished last night while watching "The Green Hornet". It wasn't a very good movie. Glad I only paid $1 form Redbox!!

post-13802-135897660878_thumb.jpg

All my foster babies went in for a checkup on Friday. None of them made weight (2 lbs) for spay/neuter, so I keep them for at least another week.

I heard "The Green Hornet" wasn't a good movie. Disappointing.

I watched "Black Swan" last night. Wow! What a dark movie. I liked it though. I finished another couple of HAP rectangles while watching it, too. :hook

I'll play. I will be working on afgans for St. Judes Hospital. I have two started.

Welcome! We love pictures! :D

It has been unusually quiet on these CAL's the last few months. It will pick up again though, I'm sure.

I received two more HAP afghans in the mail today. So, I'm going to take a break from rectangles to work on these. I doubt I'll get one of them done in the next two nights, but I'll certainly try! :hook

:yay

Are you making the same design that you have done in the past?

Yes. It's the Celtic Knot design which stands for eternal friendship and the interconnectedness of us all.

I have 11 rectangles done so far. So I thought I'd share a picture. I don't have all of the tails weaved in yet though. I tend to do that all at once when I want to do something mindless.

Beautiful colors, Nicole.

Here is the cat mat I finished last night while watching "The Green Hornet". It wasn't a very good movie. Glad I only paid $1 form Redbox!!

[ATTACH]39638[/ATTACH]

All my foster babies went in for a checkup on Friday. None of them made weight (2 lbs) for spay/neuter, so I keep them for at least another week.

Very pretty cat mat. It's nice to know that you get to keep them for a bit longer, although it probably makes it harder to let them go the longer you have them.

HAP has pictures up for recent afghans. So, here's a link to what I did during a recent charity weekend

http://rectangle6x9.shutterfly.com/19049

I think it was the March charity CAL.

Edited to add -

I should be more specific. I crocheted the rectangles together. I didn't make the entire afghan.

That's gorgeous, Nicole.

Are we ready to post totals yet? Please remember to post in big, bold letters! And pictures, lots and lots of pictures. :D

Here's what I managed -

15 HAP Rectangles

Crocheted together 1 HAP afghan (3/4 finished)

Archived