other stores like herrshners?

AmieS

What online store have you found to be like herrshners?

I really really like their kits and the ease of finding what yarns I want on their site and the prices...but....

oh man their shipping is so. slooow. I think they strapped my package on the back of a turtle to get it here!:cry:emptymail

I looked at Joanns and I wasn't impressed so any suggestions? Is there anywhere else to find those awesome kits?

And I'm not into kits. I'd much rather purchase the yarn separately so that I can have exactly what I want instead of what comes with the kit. I also find that it can be soooooo much cheaper to purchase the yarn separately when it's on sale with free shipping.

• 1 month later...

Look into PatternWorks, a sister company of Keepsake Quilting. I've ordered from Keepsake Quilting many times (most recently, last November), and have always experienced both excellent customer service *and* good shipping times.

The shipping is noteworthy, since they're in New England and I'm in California!

DCM

I like Patternworks and Knitpicks. They are both pretty fast and if you spend $50 online, then you get free shipping.

:manyheart

Sometimes you can find just the pattern that is offered in a kit at Herrschners, at Maggie's Crochet.

I like Mary Maxim for doll kits. The only one I find that uses the turtle service, for Florida anyway, is Annie's Attic.:D

I agree with a lot of the suggestions here.:hook

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes you can find just the pattern that is offered in a kit at Herrschners, at Maggie's Crochet.

I like Mary Maxim for doll kits. The only one I find that uses the turtle service, for Florida anyway, is Annie's Attic.:D

I agree with a lot of the suggestions here.:hook

Great suggestion. I have found other patterns by doing a search for the pattern name. Sometimes the owner of the pattern sells the pattern in on another site. That is how I first found out about Maggie's.

Archived