Desperately seeking Bernat Venetian

I am slowly going crazy.....

Excited to find a vintage pattern for a dress to make for my sons wedding. (Note to self: Before ordering a vintage pattern, make sure the yarn is still availablef!)

Anyways, The yarn is Bernat Venetian, which, went the way of the dinosaurs apparently. However, I assumed I would be able to find out the yarn weight so that I could find a comparable yarn to find. I have been sitting at my computer for 3 hours, that's right 3 solid hours - and I have found the content, but that's it.

Does anyone have any ideas? It appears to be a mohair blend, mainly acrylic with a little mohair and nylon.

Thanks a bunch!

People have it stashed on Ravelry. I am sure that some people would be willing to sell it. I only found one listing on Ebay for it. From what I found, it is an Aran weight and it only has about 115 yards per skein. You could of course use a similar yarn.

Venetian

Bernat Yarn & Craft Corp.

#9689 Lt F, Violet Heather/Sweet Violet

Net Weight: 1.75 oz (50 gr.)

65% Acrylic, 20% Mohair, 15% Nylon

Gauge: 4 sts. = 1" on No. 8 (5mm) needles

115 YARDS PER SKEIN

HOPE THIS HELPS

Venetian

Bernat Yarn & Craft Corp.

#9689 Lt F, Violet Heather/Sweet Violet

Net Weight: 1.75 oz (50 gr.)

65% Acrylic, 20% Mohair, 15% Nylon

Gauge: 4 sts. = 1" on No. 8 (5mm) needles

115 YARDS PER SKEIN

HOPE THIS HELPS

I am continually being amazed at the availability of knowledge and experience on this forum. Ask a question, and folks supply the answers! Always helpful and so much information in the minds of members here! This site is a goldmine of crochet-lore!

Nice of you to look that up for the OP Gram! :manyheart

Archived