mixed bags of yarn?

elki

Hello Lovely C'Villers :)

Just wondering if any of you knew where would be good places (internet or elsewhere) to find bags of scrap yarn? Obviously I have tried thrift stores, but can't really think of anywhere else.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding some interesting bags of yarn for a reasonable cost? (keep in mind i'm in Australia)

Thanks so much

Elki

:c9

:manyheart

:yarn

EDIT: i think they are called 'Grab Bags?'

If enough of us sent you a smaller amount of scrap balls, you would gather enough to make a blanket from your friends around the world. I will send you some, just PM me your address.

If enough of us sent you a smaller amount of scrap balls, you would gather enough to make a blanket from your friends around the world. I will send you some, just PM me your address.

That's a lovely gesture but i don't expect that, I know postage is very expensive. hmm i'll keep looking on the net and see if i can find anything

Thank you for thinking of me though:hug

Hi, Elki!

Do you have yard sales, garage sales, tag sales, or benefit sales in your town? I've often found bags and boxes of yarn at these--for really great prices! Summer is our good time to find these sales--our local newspapers are usually full of them in good weather! Of course, your summer is almost over, but there might be some benefit sales around your area during your autumn!

Good Luck!!

Hi, Elki!

Do you have yard sales, garage sales, tag sales, or benefit sales in your town? I've often found bags and boxes of yarn at these--for really great prices! Summer is our good time to find these sales--our local newspapers are usually full of them in good weather! Of course, your summer is almost over, but there might be some benefit sales around your area during your autumn!

Good Luck!!

we do have yard sales, but there are rarely wool at them :/ I occasionally find some yarn at places like the Australian red cross hall. :manyheart i don't know what tag sales are? I'll keep looking :) thanks so much

Freecycle.org and craigslist.org are two more potential sources of free and/or inexpensive yarn (wool). All items on Freecycle are *required* to be free; craigslist has both "free" and "for sale" sections.

Here's the mission/introductory statement from http://www.freecycle.org --

"Welcome! The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 4,937 groups with 8,398,947 members around the world. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (and getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by local volunteers (them's good people). Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box above or by clicking on 'Browse Groups' above the search box. Have fun!"

DCM

Thanks dogcatmom I didn't think about freecycle. Craigslist isn't popular in Australia here, but there is something similar

Thanks for the reminder <3

• 3 weeks later...

Archived