crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lets face it were ALL addicted!

is THAT why when I woke up at 2am (I sleep in the recliner due to shoulder issues) I picked up a crochet project..and whaddaya know..it was a SBT..

pictures coming :lol

is THAT why when I woke up at 2am (I sleep in the recliner due to shoulder issues) I picked up a crochet project..and whaddaya know..it was a SBT..

pictures coming :lol

Yes.

Yes it is.

LOL

kuddles

Got home from work and immediately went out to my containers of yarn in the garage!! And Yippee!!!:yay I found a skein of Turqua so I can finish the tote!!!!

While out there I found some ILTC, and some Cotton Ease (wondering if this would work ok with this tote) and some cotton- and of course, every single skein of yarn was screaming- I want to made into a tote!!!:lol

still on bag #2 same spot I was the other day.. my kids were bouncing off wall the pass few days.. yesterday my 7yr brought home a goldfish from school. so we knew it was coming so had the glass bowl ready for it..hours later 5yr goes and gives the dogs some water and 3yr follows I go in there tell them to get out of the water.. few minutes later go in there and the poor little fishy is taking a bath in dishsoap water......needless to say.... he went out clean....

:lol:lol:lol

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Thank you all for your love.... well wishes.... concern... and compliments!!! :hug

Well............I finally got a chance to line one of my StashBusters so I can get it out in the mail! :whew

It was so stinkin' simple... I just couldnt get a moment to be on my sewing machine!

Here is how I cut the fabric......

[ATTACH]39063[/ATTACH]

Here it is installed.......

[ATTACH]39064[/ATTACH]

Heres the tote and extra items that are all going to a friend......

[ATTACH]39065[/ATTACH]

~*~I have at present created......

3 Stash Busters

1 Checkered Granny Go Round

1 Diamond Bands tote

1 Gathered Tortoise Shells

1 Granny's Bag

1 Reversible Clutch

1 Tortoise Shells Gift Bag

1 Felted Handbag... (not yet felted)

Okay... need a :mug refill... check to see if my carpet is dry from cleaning it this morning... change out laundry.. and get back to my hook and yarn.

:heart

:mug

Your lining turned out really well. I was thinking that it wouldn't be too difficult to line one, but I haven't made any atempts at lining mine yet.

Got home from work and immediately went out to my containers of yarn in the garage!! And Yippee!!!:yay I found a skein of Turqua so I can finish the tote!!!!

While out there I found some ILTC, and some Cotton Ease (wondering if this would work ok with this tote) and some cotton- and of course, every single skein of yarn was screaming- I want to made into a tote!!!:lol

Ahhhhh cotton yarn. I love it so.....it beckons to me from the tub it is in, and from the bins at the store and from the cyber stores.....cotton. Will you marry me?

kuddles

Well, I just finished (I think) the last item for my kitchen swap partner, I frogged 3 items this afternoon while at home from work under the weather.....so guess what? Next up, another stash buster! This time again with ribbon yarn and it is gonna be pretty! Can you say PINK!

kuddles

remember me mentioning a few days ago i had yarn coming DH knew nothing about? well UPS just pulled up and :cheer

MY YARN HAS ARRIVED!

now you might be asking yourself how in the world im to hide 14 skeins of yarn from DH? after all hes not blind!!! :lol

well sionce i have my crochet business i have boxes al over the place from the post office to mail things.....its a case of "DONT TOUCH THAT ITLL FALL!"

so i managed to find two empty boxes and put said yarn in them.

:devil little critter aint i? LOL!

:lol:lol

But you are not alone in your sneakiness!!

My mil used to buy lots and lots of clothes. This upset FIL. She used to bring them home, put them in the closet and leave them there for a few months. Then when she took them out to wear, and he accused her of buying something new, she would say, "I've had this for months" and she'd be telling the truth.

Doncha hate it when your skeins of yarn screams at you?....doh! like you dont have enough problems dealing with your addiction! <hehe> :lol

My mil used to buy lots and lots of clothes. This upset FIL. She used to bring them home, put them in the closet and leave them there for a few months. Then when she took them out to wear, and he accused her of buying something new, she would say, "I've had this for months" and she'd be telling the truth.

LoL!! I gotta try that, only wait I dont have the patients to wait a few months to wear it. I sneak yarn in all the time. Hubby is like OMG where the heck do you get all the yarn we cant possibly have that much stash in those totes. I tell him ALOT of yarn fits in those totes and not to worry about it because I am using it. Can you believe a few years ago he was going to bring all my yarn to GOODWILL? ! What the heck is he thinking anyway?:think

LoL!! I gotta try that, only wait I dont have the patients to wait a few months to wear it. I sneak yarn in all the time. Hubby is like OMG where the heck do you get all the yarn we cant possibly have that much stash in those totes. I tell him ALOT of yarn fits in those totes and not to worry about it because I am using it. Can you believe a few years ago he was going to bring all my yarn to GOODWILL? ! What the heck is he thinking anyway?:think

WHAT! And he is still alive!!!!!

kuddles

Well, I just finished (I think) the last item for my kitchen swap partner, I frogged 3 items this afternoon while at home from work under the weather.....so guess what? Next up, another stash buster! This time again with ribbon yarn and it is gonna be pretty! Can you say PINK!

kuddles

Sorry to hear you are under the weather- :hugbut that stash buster with ribbon yarn sounds very interesting!! Can't wait to see it when it's done!

:lol:lol:lolI've done the same thing!!!!

Sorry to hear you are under the weather- :hugbut that stash buster with ribbon yarn sounds very interesting!! Can't wait to see it when it's done!

Oh trust me, my fellow addicts WILL see a pic! LOL

Gotta use up this ribbon yarn and this seems to be just the project!

kuddles

ps thanks for the hug!

Yeah. It a miracle isnt it. I had to beg and plead with him not to take it. I promised to use it in 2 years!!! :eek LoL

I always say, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, so give me my YARN! It's a much healthier habit!!!

kuddles

Oh trust me, my fellow addicts WILL see a pic! LOL

Gotta use up this ribbon yarn and this seems to be just the project!

kuddles

ps thanks for the hug!

\\

Sounds interesting and pretty! I have never used "ribbon yarn", maybe I will need to get some......uh ohhhh

I always say, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, so give me my YARN! It's a much healthier habit!!!

kuddles

Thats a good line and I dont do any of those things.....sooooo when I buy ribbon yarn I will have to tell him that. :c9

Joanne, the rainbow cotton one I posted earlier is sugar n cream cotton and cotton ease together. It worked real nice. My mom just finished a tote mixing cotton ease and peaches n cream.

Kuddles, I LOVE COTTON too!!! :clap:c9

My fave-or-ite! :hook

I NEED to get my purse/tote done. It's been put on hold for a bunch of small projects. Tomorrow, I have to go on a trip for my work but I'm driving so no crocheting there. Maybe this weekend, I can get it done.

Joanne, the rainbow cotton one I posted earlier is sugar n cream cotton and cotton ease together. It worked real nice. My mom just finished a tote mixing cotton ease and peaches n cream.

I NEED to get my purse/tote done. It's been put on hold for a bunch of small projects. Tomorrow, I have to go on a trip for my work but I'm driving so no crocheting there. Maybe this weekend, I can get it done.

Does the cotton hold its shape better and is it stronger? Like can i carry books in it if I line it?

Penny

What size hook did you use for the cotton ease/cotton one! I have both peaches n'cream and sugar n' cream- just need to see which ones match the colors of cotton ease I have. How many skeins of each did you use?

Archived