crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Hi all, sounds like you've had a nice weekend.

Mama K - glad you're doing better.

Sue - hope your work goes well. Enjoy your "cold" weather!!

Ann - hope you got to crochet some today.

Didn't get to go to HL. DH took oldest GS to Lowe's (which is down the street from HL) and the littlest one was asleep, so I didn't get to go. Maybe this week.

Will be busy tomorrow getting the new network setup and new things installed. Hopefully it will go smooth and not have any problems--we've had problems at every step of the way with this system.

Talk with you tomorrow!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Everyone! My day is starting bright and early. I have to be at the hospital to have my PEG tube replaced (regularly scheduled thing) at 6am and it's a little over an hours drive! Good thing I was awake anyway! :lol I've got my tote packed with yarn and hooks and will be working on a scarf while in day stay area. Hope you all have a great day! I'll see you later this afternoon! :hug

Had a nice day- Went with one of my friends from work to visit our co-worker and new baby- held him for about an hour!!! Forgot how tiny they are--even though my GS is only 6 mos old!!! Just finished dinner and cleaning up and now getting ready to do a little crocheting while watching the Pro Bowl

Ahh, nothing like cuddling a newborn to recharge your batteries! They are tiny though. It sure is easy to forget that! :lol

Hi all, sounds like you've had a nice weekend.

Ann - hope you got to crochet some today.

Didn't get to go to HL. DH took oldest GS to Lowe's (which is down the street from HL) and the littlest one was asleep, so I didn't get to go. Maybe this week.

Will be busy tomorrow getting the new network setup and new things installed. Hopefully it will go smooth and not have any problems--we've had problems at every step of the way with this system.

Talk with you tomorrow!

Hope things go smoothly today! Hope you get to HL this week too! You need some yarn therapy! :hug

Good morning! By now, Ann, you should be at the hospital- positive thoughts and hugs!!!:hug

I did a round on the RR last evening- it's now 50"....and then I decided to start a simple DC scarf using Charisma (bulky) yarn in Royal Blue--it'll be for me-to wear for the Giants!!

Just looked at the clock:eek and it's time for me to get ready to start another week in paradise!!

Have a good day--I'm determined to make it to craft club tonight-:yes so may not be back till tomorrow!

:hug

Mama, glad your feeling better. :hug

Sherry, good luck with the system install today. :hug

Ann, I hope the PEG placement goes well too! :hug

Joanne, HI! Happy Monday!! :lol

Speech class today. First round of our first speeches. Mine isn't until next Monday.

:turtle:vheart

Quick hi. Thanks again for all the well wishes.....first day back to work after not moving for 3 days, I'm already tired!

Baby K now has 'it'. She'll go to school today but I see missing school in her near future.

Sigh...

Mama K

I'm back!!!! I have nice shiny new PEG tube! :lol Things went.....well, they went... ok. They didn't have any nurses working in the dept today! :eek so I couldn't get any pain meds (which I needed), so the dr gave me 2 options 1) wait until they could get a nurse to come in, lol or 2) he could give me a local during the procedure to numb the area, get in and out quick and be all set. I opted for #2 of course. Well, my tube didn't want to cooperate, lol. But it's done. I put on my big girl panties and I'm home now and have my own pain meds that sort of work, so all is good with the world! AND I made a scarf during all this! :hook I used Gardener's Peek-a-Boo Scarf pattern (similar to her blanket pattern). It's wonderful! The yarn is Red Heart With Love. OMG! I found it at Walmart, just one skein and grabbed it up! It's fantastic!

Joanne and Sue, thanks for your thoughts and hugs this morning!

Joanne, wtg on the RR! The scarf sounds wonderful, well except for being for the Giants part! :lol Have fun at craft club tonight!!!

Sue, good luck in speech class!!!

Mama K, awww, that stinks that Baby K has it now! Hope she doesn't get it as bad as you did. :hug

I'm back!!!! I have nice shiny new PEG tube! :lol Things went.....well, they went... ok. They didn't have any nurses working in the dept today! :eek so I couldn't get any pain meds (which I needed), so the dr gave me 2 options 1) wait until they could get a nurse to come in, lol or 2) he could give me a local during the procedure to numb the area, get in and out quick and be all set. I opted for #2 of course. Well, my tube didn't want to cooperate, lol. But it's done. I put on my big girl panties and I'm home now and have my own pain meds that sort of work, so all is good with the world! AND I made a scarf during all this! :hook I used Gardener's Peek-a-Boo Scarf pattern (similar to her blanket pattern). It's wonderful! The yarn is Red Heart With Love. OMG! I found it at Walmart, just one skein and grabbed it up! It's fantastic!

ohh pretty scarf, i should add that to my list of stuff to make.

I hope your pain goes quick and you're feeling better soon.

kuddles hope your cold goes away soon, and baby K's also its no fun being sick.

sue hope the speech goes well next week. thankfully i dont have to take a speech class i get very nervous speaking in front of people.

ps. 21 days :)

i broke down and went to buy some extra books to help with chem, and spanish i am way over my head in these classes.:help next resort i may visit a tutor. it looks like the books will be heading with me to florida :(

Ann - beautiful scarf!!! Glad things went well for your procedures (well, except for the pain meds). Glad you are home and doing great!

Mama K - sorry to hear Baby K has it. Hopefully she'll get over it quickly! Rest tonight, it's hard going back to work when you've been sick.

Tonya - hope things go better with your studies.

Joanne - hope your day went well and you got to go to craft night.

My day was extremely long--didn't get much done since we were working on the network. Hopefully it will work well, but time will tell.

Well, I hope I can get to bed early tonight, no GS here to keep me up. Everyone have a great evening!

Good Morning! Thanks for the compliments on the scarves ladies! And for the well wishes and hugs about yesterday's procedure too! I appreciate it! You're all the best! :hug

Mama K, hope you are still continuing to feel better and that Baby K is doing better :hug

Tonya, good luck with your studies. It's almost FL time! :hug

Sherry, hope you got some rest last night! :hug

Melani, thanks, hope you have a great day!

Joanne, did you get to craft club last night?

Sue, how's the weather? :lol

Good morning!

Ann- I love the scarves you made. I have the peek-a-boo scarf on my list--and that stained glass one was gorgeous--really pretty bright colors!!! Glad the procedure is over- and that you are feeling much better now that you are home and have some meds to take. That's crazy, not having a nurse there!

I did make it to craft club last night and finished my "NY Giants" scarf! I'm going to attempt to embroider on the "NY" logo tonight- this should be interesting!:lol

Kuddles- Hope Baby K isn't too sick!:hug

Clock is ticking so I've got to get ready. Have a wonderful Tuesday!:hug

Good Morning All, just a quick hello and hope you all have a great day!

Joanne glad you got the scarf done, looking forward to seeing it!

Ann hope you have a great day today!

Mama K - hope Baby K is doing ok.

Gotta start getting ready for another work day.

Hi gals! Well Baby K and I made it thru another nite. Cough, cough, cough! Sending her to school with some meds in her, I go to the state office first thing, and hopefully we get thru today!

Going to be 60 in Chicago today! No wonder we are sick! The cold isn't around to kill the bugs!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Good morning!

Ann- I love the scarves you made. I have the peek-a-boo scarf on my list--and that stained glass one was gorgeous--really pretty bright colors!!! Glad the procedure is over- and that you are feeling much better now that you are home and have some meds to take. That's crazy, not having a nurse there!

I did make it to craft club last night and finished my "NY Giants" scarf! I'm going to attempt to embroider on the "NY" logo tonight- this should be interesting!:lol

Clock is ticking so I've got to get ready. Have a wonderful Tuesday!:hug

Thanks for the compliments about the scarves. They were fun to make! Yeah, it was something not having nurses yesterday. You should have seen them wandering around like lost puppies at first, then the doctor is like "we can do this", LOL! I think they ended up borrowing one or two from another dept. Let's just say the techs that helped out the dr weren't as compassionate as the nurses usually are... I'm glad you made it to craft club last night! Even if it means you worked on and finished a "Giants" scarf! :lol Good luck embroidering the logo! I know you can do it!

Good Morning All, just a quick hello and hope you all have a great day!

Gotta start getting ready for another work day.

Hope you're having a good day! I've been sleeping most of mine! :blush

Hi gals! Well Baby K and I made it thru another nite. Cough, cough, cough! Sending her to school with some meds in her, I go to the state office first thing, and hopefully we get thru today!

Going to be 60 in Chicago today! No wonder we are sick! The cold isn't around to kill the bugs!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

DH and I were just talking about how it's been too warm to kill off the germs this winter! We've even had a couple of mosquitos flying around! Crazy!

It was very warm here today too---I'm not complaining since it's Jan 31 and 60 degrees- but agree with everyone- the "bugs" aren't getting killed by the cold!!!

Off to figure out this embroidery thing!!:lol

It was in the 70's today here in Oklahoma!!!! WOOT!! It's not gonna last long, there's a big cold front comin', so I'm sure I'll be bundled back up this weekend.

Joanne - Good luck on the embroidery.

Ann - hope you rested well today and got some crochet time in.

Mama K - hope little one is doing ok. Oldest GS wasn't feeling too good this afternoon, hopefully he won't get the stuff that's going around.

I'm gonna try to start on the taxes tonight, hopefully we won't have to pay this year. No crocheting tonight :(

May come back in a little bit and take a break to see what's going on.

Sue - Awesome!!! That was one BIG turtle!! Glad he was able to go back to the sea.

Joanne - great looking scarf!!

I hate doing taxes. I need one more W2 for DH and I'm hoping it will make a little difference. Hopefully we'll get it tomorrow.

Have a great evening all!

Archived