Best place to get yarn?

I usually get my yarn from Zellars or Walmart. Especially when they have sales. But they dont have alot of selection and they dont keep their stock filled very well. It makes it hard to fill big orders for my little business I have. I was wondering if any one knew of a good online source to order from, preferably one in Canada as I live in Ontario, but I can work with US places too. Thanks a bunch for any info or advice yous have.

I use SmileysYarns.com in New York. They have really good sales. The only thing is...you have to buy $50 in yarn per order. You can actually get 50 skeins of yarn for that amount! Also, they have specialty yarns like wool and alpaca for around $3 a skein.

I have ordered yarn from Herrschners, Mary Maxim, Joann and Smileys. I love them all. When they have a sale going on you can save a lot. And getting a box delivered from Smileys is one of life's pleasures. :) I can't afford to spend the $50 very often, but it is so much fun to pick and choose from the expensive yarns I could never afford otherwise!

I second Herrschners - I've always had good luck with them. They also put out their Sale items every Wednesday afternoon, too. I always make sure I check!

Thanks for mentioning smileys there, CH.

I showed the website to my wife and shortly thereafter she informed me that we have 27 skeins of yarn on their way to us.:hook

Now to come up with some projects for all that yarn :think.

• 3 weeks later...

All my yarn is from Michaels online coupons, and ACMoore's online coupons & mill-ends bin. A pound of yarn for $6.00!, too bad the price just went up to $7.00.

Great color selections....

Archived