Bernat Soft Boucle

PBLKNP

Visions of Homespun raced through my head! I did not like it much either. I have enough Homespun sitting in the craft room to make 3 more Martha's Coming Home Ponchos but somehow, I always manage to find something else in front of it in my "to do" list. It is so pretty when done, you would think they could make it just a bit easier to work with! I finally go tthe hang of crocheting looser than my usual so that I could frog if needed, but it is still going to hang up no matter how careful you are. I think boucle yarn is spun by gremlins and they throw in just a little mischief along with the fibers!

It's proving to be slightly easier to work with, knitting it with the strand of Caron Simply Soft. However, the results still look like you tossed it into the washing machine one time too many. I've decided I'm going to crochet a border around it with the Caron yarn, so that it will at least have a nice finish.

LOL I love working with Homespun - when I talk to people I notice that many who hate it make the error of using a hook that is WAY too small (I use an N hook at the minimum) and also tend to crochet with a tight tension. You gotta be loose to roll with Homespun :D

Then again life is to short to work with yarn you hate!

Archived