CGOA Masters Program

I received my packet in the mail. I've read it through. Why does this seem like it will be a piece of cake to do? I don't particuarly care for doing the

foundation single crochet - but that's just me.

Any one have a hard time with it??

update on the foundation single crochet......not as bad as I thought. Second time around was okay. And the third time of doing the 4" swatch for row and stitch gauge came out fine.

You can find information about the Masters Program on this page of the CGOA website. As this year's President of the CGOA, I'm giving myself permission to quote this information from the CGOA website about standards for the Masters program:

There could be as many definitions of "master" as it applies to crochet as there are crocheters. A Master has nothing to do with the number of years the candidate has been crocheting, or how many hundreds of projects have been made.

For the purposes of the CGOA program, the standards for a Master are as follows:

• Reads, follows and executes instructions as they are presented. Although the crocheter may prefer to use different methods, for this program the candidate is to follow the written instructions as given.
  • Creates even, neat stitches, and maintains a standard gauge throughout a swatch.
  • Chooses an appropriate hook size for the yarn being used.
  • Weaves in all yarn ends securely and invisibly.
  • Counts work to be sure each swatch has the correct number of stitches in each row, and that the correct number of rows have been worked for each swatch.
  • Does not assume that the first time working a swatch of a new stitch is the swatch to submit. Is able to evaluate the work and takes time to be sure that the very best work is presented. Should be able to find errors prior to finalizing a swatch.
  • Shows understanding of basic crochet principles in answers to questions.
  • Satisfactorily completes ALL written and crocheted work as presented in the program instructions.

I have a feeling that many, many of our Crochetville members already have the skills they'd need to pass this course successfully.

Demand for the program is very high right now, and lots of people are enrolled. I plan on working through it one day, just to say that I've done it, and have it on my resume.

But for now, I think it's more important that I give others the chance at a reviewer's time and expertise!

Thanks for sharing the info Amy. I'm looking forward to doing this, I think it will be fun. I haven't signed up yet though. But, hubby did give the go ahead if I could find a place for it in the budget. :)

• 1 month later...

I've got my binders (2 of them) done and ready.....bummer is I can't send it in yet.

On hold because the 'viewers' have enough to go through right now. I will say, doing this program gave me the courage to make a sweater I've been eyeballing for 20 years do to.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sounds like something I definitely want to do; do you know if there is a time limit in which you need to finish it?  Doesn't sound like it, but just wondering.

There is no time limit to the Master's Program, there use to be in the past, I am working on it right now. Also crocheting other things at the same time. 

Archived