UGH! Knotted Yarn!

I'm starting the Pink Ribbon Hope afghan - the kit is sold by Mary Maxim. I'm only on the third row and already I've had to cut out a knot. You know - one of those where they fasten two broken ends of yarn and trim it off short? That really aggravates me. I always have to cut them out and work the two ends into the piece so that I don't have a knot in the item. I just see this as a sign of things to come, seeing as this is just the start of the afghan.

It's my second Mary Maxim Pink ribbon afghan kit - the one I purchased about 2-3 years ago was the same way - plenty of little knots, and I was short yarn to boot! When I contacted the company to tell them I ran short of yarn, they sent me a hank of yarn (not even a full small-size skein) and I still ran short even with the additional yarn! Wasn't very happy with Mary Maxim for a while.

I'm keeping track of the number of knots I come across (yes, I'm that petty! LOL!) and if I have too many, I'm sending my two cents to MM again.:devil

I hate those tied together ends. I bought a skein of JoAnn's Sensations yarn. When I reached into the center to find the end so I could start the skein, an entire handful of yarn came out not attached to the skein at all! You can bet that one went back. You buy large skeins to avoid so many knots in your project, at least I do.

I don't think it is petty to keep track of them. Too bad you couldn't save all the little knots and send them all back to Mary Maxim.

When it happens more than once, in my little humble opinion, there is a problem.

LI Roe

I am currently using a cotton yarn I really love, however it always has at least one knot in it. I do the same and cut it then sew in the loose ends. Not really wanting to undo all my hard work.

It is very aggravating to have knots in the yarn and to sew in all those loose ends, ugh! :thair

I ordered a kit from Herrschnerr's and the same thing. It took me the better part of 2 hours to wind one skein of yarn into a ball (with my yarn winder) because of all the knots and tangles. I hope the other skeins aren't as bad! :thair I think this is the last Herrschnerr's yarn for me.

Archived