American School of Needlework

I saw a square on ravelry that I really liked and went to look for the book it was in. It was ASN 101 Crochet Squares. I choked when I saw the price for a USED book!

Is this a really old book that it is so expensive??

where did you look for it used? ebay, amazon? I don't think it's so old that it'd be worth charging boatloads of $$ for. Even though it is out of print (something that happens to most crochet booklets within 2-3 years, I understand). Hope you are able find it at a reasonable price.

:)Good luck finding it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up:(. I looked at bookfinder.com which gathers info from a lot of sites and small used bookstores, and Amazon was the lowest price at about $40, then there were others on up to over $100. this does seem to happen with anything popular that is out of print.

I did the look inside thing at amazon, and there are some cute squares. Some remind me of the squares in 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton, which is still in print and is about $15. 101 Squares is unique in that it has the squares w/ the Santa, bear, cat in the middle, but those are made separately and sewn onto a square---at least the cat is, I looked it up in the look inside.

If there is one square you really liked, maybe there is a similar square in another book that would be more accessible?

The link I posted in post 4 will take you to a page that has ASN crochet on the right side of the page. If you click on that link it takes you to a page of ASN books. At the bottom of the page is a statement that if you still don't see what you want they will search for it for you. Click there to fill out a request form.

Just in case anyone else is looking for ASN books also....

Is this the book by Jean Leinhauser, 101 Crochet Stitches: American School of Needlework (pub. in 1995)?

If so, there are several "affordable" copies on half.com.

Alaina

Is this the book by Jean Leinhauser, 101 Crochet Stitches: American School of Needlework (pub. in 1995)?

If so, there are several "affordable" copies on half.com.

Alaina

I do believe she stated it was 101 Crochet Squares, It is also by Jean. I have the book, but I am not ready to part with it. It is my fav square reference book. It is book number 1216 from 1996, so it isn't that old. My copy was 2nd hand to me, and had something spilled on the last few pages in the bottom corner that was getting moldy so I had to trim the corners from page 77 on to the back cover. I have not seen a book to equal it in the beauty and detail of the squares.

Oh yeah that helps me not want it :):D

I do believe she stated it was 101 Crochet Squares, It is also by Jean. I have the book, but I am not ready to part with it. It is my fav square reference book. It is book number 1216 from 1996, so it isn't that old. My copy was 2nd hand to me, and had something spilled on the last few pages in the bottom corner that was getting moldy so I had to trim the corners from page 77 on to the back cover. I have not seen a book to equal it in the beauty and detail of the squares.

Okay, I was at JoAnn's this morning and saw both 101 Squares and 101 Pattern Stitches.

I'm sorry I didn't even think to check the price on them but right now pattern books are 30% off. I already have both books or I would have bought them. Check your JoAnn's. I don't know if they would have it on their website.

Hope this helps!

Okay, I was at JoAnn's this morning and saw both 101 Squares and 101 Pattern Stitches.

I'm sorry I didn't even think to check the price on them but right now pattern books are 30% off. I already have both books or I would have bought them. Check your JoAnn's. I don't know if they would have it on their website.

Hope this helps!

I checked the web site and they have 101 granny squares, but not the same book. I will check the store here and see

I checked the web site and they have 101 granny squares, but not the same book. I will check the store here and see

I'm really sorry, I thought it was the same book. I'm going out this morning and I will try to run in JoAnn's and check again.

I have:

101 Crochet Squares

101 Stitches for Afghans

101 Ripple Stitches to Knit and Crochet

All by Jean Leinhauser. Are there many more "101" books by Jean?

I'm really sorry, I thought it was the same book. I'm going out this morning and I will try to run in JoAnn's and check again.

I have:

101 Crochet Squares

101 Stitches for Afghans

101 Ripple Stitches to Knit and Crochet

All by Jean Leinhauser. Are there many more "101" books by Jean?

If it IS Jean's book (I looked at Joann's online and that one was not) I will RUN to mine and check it out :D

Hi FrLopLady, I found 3 copies of the 101 Crochet Squares #1216 at Michaels in Smithtown, NY for $16.95. I saw it on e-bay for $85.00. If it is the book you are looking for, perhaps you can go to your local Michaels and ask them if they can have it shipped from the Smithtown store. I hope this information helps you.

Hediye

Hi FrLopLady, I found 3 copies of the 101 Crochet Squares #1216 at Michaels in Smithtown, NY for $16.95. I saw it on e-bay for $85.00. If it is the book you are looking for, perhaps you can go to your local Michaels and ask them if they can have it shipped from the Smithtown store. I hope this information helps you.

Hediye

I am going to check Michaerls and Joann's here this weekend. Wasn't able to today. Thanks for the heads up!

Archived