A good family gift?

Hi! I recently stayed with a family for a few weeks and I wanted to give them a gift to show my appreciation. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for something that would make a good gift for a family, whether it is something I can crochet or something I can get at the store. The family has a few small children and a dog and I'm having a hard time coming up with a gift that would be suitable for the whole family. Thanks for your help in advance :)

Are they a family who might enjoy a cozy afghan to match their living room? Every one of them could snuggle under it from time to time, assuming an afghan is their "style". Alternatively, food gifts are nearly always appreciated. Special candies, jellies or jams, breads... lots of possibilities.

An afghan would be nice, or if you're in a hurry, a board game they could all play together would be a fun gift. One of my daughters is a game freak, and she likes to put together game kits, by getting an inexpensive plastic tub and loading it with one or two games she's found on sale, some microwave popcorn, and perhaps some boxes of candy such as you'd find at the theaters only we know we can buy them cheaper elsewhere so we sneak them in....(please tell me we aren't the only ones who do this!)

What about some nice washclothes that you made, with some special soaps? I have made this a few times and they really liked it.

:manyheart

Thanks for the suggestions! Your ideas were very helpful when it came to thinking of something to send. I thought of sending them a game they could play together, but most of them are always on the go and the kids are always playing outside =) I also didn't want the dog eating any game pieces (lol). I decided to send some coffee since it seemed like something all the grown ups would enjoy in the morning. I also sent a card and the dog a sweater. I wrapped everything so the kids would have fun opening everything. Thank you all again! :manyheart:hug

Archived