question...

Does anyone else go through phases of not wanting to crochet and wanting to?? I am at the moment really badly wanting to, but never actually pick up the hook and start crocheting....last time I crocheting was right around christmas. :eek:eek I know I know!! I am shocked too!!! So was just wondering if anyone else did that too....haha!:lol

Yeah, I'm going through that right now, a little bit. Have a couple of WIP's that I just can't seem to get any rows done on. Oh well, it'll all get done in the end.

Fortunately, it happens very, very rarely to me. My problem is more that I sometimes can't decide what pattern I want to start and I keep changing my mind.

LI Roe

I definitely cycle through times when I crochet every moment of my free time and then let it go for a few weeks...probably doesn't help that I have a zillion other hobbies that I enjoy!

Fortunately, it happens very, very rarely to me. My problem is more that I sometimes can't decide what pattern I want to start and I keep changing my mind.

LI Roe

I've been back to crocheting for a year and havent really run into not wanting to, but as with Roe I've sometimes been stumped on a pattern and then I'm on here and even more prowling through ravelry. Seldom do I go more than a day or so without hooking and more often that is because life gets in the way rather than not wanting to..not sure I've had a not want to time :D

:hook:hook

Guess it is sort of like writer's block. The creative juices just aren't flowing. Crocheting has a lot of emotional ties to it, and you have to be in the right frame of mind as well as physically feeling up to it. Relax, don't push yourself, and the next thing you know, there you are, hook in hand and eager to go.

I find that finding a cause, like making hats for a charity on the ville, or doing granny's for another one on the ville seems to break the cycle nicely. i think sometimes I need a cause in order to crochet, and yet, I have to crochet everyday, it's like an artist has to paint, or a writer has to write every single day to be happy! So, Im working on hats and scarves for children right now, and having fun doing them, they are quick, and greatly satisfying to know they will go to those that need it, and keep them warm! If ever you are stumped, turn to charity work, it lightens the soul, and provides a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction! IMO anyways!

I've been having that problem a lot. I've found though that sometimes if I just sit down with my current project next to me when I have some time to sit and watch movies or something, usually during the course of the movie I find myself picking up the hook and working on the project. Even if it's just a few stitches I've gotten that much closer to finishing it.

Archived