Simple Squares

TheKnottyMale

Love your bag. The colors are gorgeous. I just put one of these together today. I used an f hook and made small squares thinking it was huge from comments I had seen. Well, it's smaller than I thought it would be. Go figure. lol

Can you give any tips on the lining? I have it bought, just have to finish the handles and put the lining in. Thanks so much.

eta: i just saw the layout pattern you posted. the bag I did is a little different than that but same concept.

Love your bag. The colors are gorgeous. I just put one of these together today. I used an f hook and made small squares thinking it was huge from comments I had seen. Well, it's smaller than I thought it would be. Go figure. lol

Can you give any tips on the lining? I have it bought, just have to finish the handles and put the lining in. Thanks so much.

eta: i just saw the layout pattern you posted. the bag I did is a little different than that but same concept.

I also started out with squares that were too small. I was using an F hook and after making only 5 squares, I quickly realized that they were going to be way too small. I'm not a loose crocheter, so my sqaures were pretty small! :eek

I know of the other concept bag you are mentioning. It's Inga's Bag - also known as the Haekelbutel Bag. The next time I get the itch to makes squares, it will be the pattern that I will try out.

I can't give you any good advice with the lining. It seems like it took me an eternity to get it in there as nice as I did. Maybe someone who has much more experience with lining purses could help you out :think.

I'm usually making tapestry bags. They are so dense that they don't need to be lined.

nice bag !!!

good to know that you have been into tapestry crocheting for sometime now ...

i am also interested in the same , but find very less resources or patterns online ...

can you help me get new patterns ...

i see there are hardly 2 to 3 sites on tapestry crocheting ...

Your right, there are only 2 groups I know of: The Yahoo Tapestry Crochet group and the one at Ravelry. I have a Ravely ID, but I only use it to take a look at the the Ravelry board. I just flat out don't like Ravelry - can't give you a specific reason why... I just don't like it. I joined the Yahoo Tapestry Group back when there were less than 200 members. It has over 1,400 and it's a great place to get help. Carol also keeps her blank tapestry crochet papers readily available in the Files section of the group. They are VERY helpful for creating your own designs.

Patterns: You can find some simple, free patterns to try out at www.tapestrycrochet.com , Carol has patterns for sale at Lulu http://stores.lulu.com/CarolVentura . There are also some very recent things that she just made that are on her blog http://www.tapestrycrochet.com/blog/. She includes links to the patterns if you are interested in those. Her blog is great reading :D

I also know that there are several of her patterns in past issues of Crochet World magazine. I will search through my files and find out which issues contain her patterns. She has some others that were featured in other magazine issues. Some of them I've purchased - others I let pass by because they didn't interest me. I'll try to find the internet links and post them for you.

Your right, there are only 2 groups I know of: The Yahoo Tapestry Crochet group and the one at Ravelry. I have a Ravely ID, but I only use it to take a look at the the Ravelry board. I just flat out don't like Ravelry - can't give you a specific reason why... I just don't like it. I joined the Yahoo Tapestry Group back when there were less than 200 members. It has over 1,400 and it's a great place to get help. Carol also keeps her blank tapestry crochet papers readily available in the Files section of the group. They are VERY helpful for creating your own designs.

Patterns: You can find some simple, free patterns to try out at www.tapestrycrochet.com , Carol has patterns for sale at Lulu http://stores.lulu.com/CarolVentura . There are also some very recent things that she just made that are on her blog http://www.tapestrycrochet.com/blog/. She includes links to the patterns if you are interested in those. Her blog is great reading :D

I also know that there are several of her patterns in past issues of Crochet World magazine. I will search through my files and find out which issues contain her patterns. She has some others that were featured in other magazine issues. Some of them I've purchased - others I let pass by because they didn't interest me. I'll try to find the internet links and post them for you.

thank you so much ....

these sites i have already visited .... but the yahoo group is new to me ...

do post new links , if you find any ...

i too am on ravelry , but never seen a group for tapestry crochet ... will check that too .

I'm still new to Ravelry. Just found out that all of Carol's patterns are listed at Ravelry. Click on the Pattern button and type in Carol Ventura in the search box. You will see lots of photos. Each time you click on on one of the photos, information about that item appears. If she has a sentence that tells you visit her blog, be sure to click on it. The blog page will give you more detailed information about that item.

Hope this helps in your pattern searching. If you would like to CAL to one, let me know. I may have that pattern and would gladly follow along with you :hook

Archived