Cradle Wrist Purse Set (now with pic)

champygirl

I decided to see if I could get a picture by scanning it in my scanner and it seemed to work. I hope it gives you an idea of how it looks. I'll try to update it with a better picture eventually. :yes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was feeling inspired after seeing this thread after I had posted a quick thing for a cradle and I thought to myself wouldn't it be neat if it could be made into a cradle purse. After making it into a cradle purse I figured that it would need a tiny baby to fit in there and a eeny weeny blanket to keep the baby warm. :yes I think I going to give the one I made to my neice as part of her birthday gift. :yay

Please send me a pm if you find any errors as I couldn't fall asleep until I had tried this and then just had to post it. :hook;)

So here is what I came up with:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cradle Wrist Purse Set
post-11825-135897598924_thumb.jpg
Copyright to champygirl November 18, 2010

Materials:

Worsted Weight yarn in Color A, Color B, and Color C
Size G hook (4.25) and E hook (3.50mm)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)
Stitch Marker

Finish size: Cradle-Almost 3” long x about 1 ¾” high x 2” wide inches.
Folded up and cinched-About 2” inches high
Blanket-1 ¾” inches Round
Baby-2” long x a little over an inch wide

Note: The Baby is work in a continuous spiral; do not join unless instructed to.
With Stitch Marker mark first st of each Rnd, moving it up as you go along when making the baby.

Different Stitches:

Color Change-Insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over with different color and then pull thru both loops on hook.

Treble Crochet (TC)- Yarn over 3 times, insert hook in specified st, yarn over pull up a loop, [yarn over, pull thru 2 loops] Do this 3 times.

Sc Popcorn St-4sc in specified st, take hook out of loop, insert hook in first sc of 4 sc, insert hook back into dropped loop, pull loop thru first sc, ch1 to finish st.

Directions:

Baby:

Rnd 1: With E hook and Color C ch2, leaving a tail, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook crocheting over tail.
(6sc)

Pull tail taut to close hole from starting.

Rnd 2: 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts.
(6sc)

Rnd 3: 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 sc in next st color changing to Color A.
(6sc)

Rnd 4: 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts.
(6sc)

Rnd 5: [1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, Sc Popcorn St in next st] Do this 2 times.
(4sc, 2 SC Popcorn Sts)

Rnd 6: 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts.
(6sc)

Rnd 7: 1 sc in each of the next 6 sts.
(6sc)

Rnd 8: 1 sc in next st, sl st in next st, ch1, 1 hdc in same st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, take hook out of loop, insert hook in first hdc made, insert hook back into dropped loop, pull loop thru hdc, ch1, sl st in same st as last hdc (first leg formed), sl st in next st, ch1, *1 hdc in same st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, take hook out of loop, insert hook in *fourth hdc made, insert hook back into dropped loop, pull loop thru hdc (2nd leg formed).
(2 legs)

Finish off and weave in ends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blanket:

Rnd 1: With G hook and Color B ch2, 10 hdc in 2nd chain from hook, join with sl st to first hdc.
(10 hdc)

Rnd 2: [Ch3, sl st in next st] Do this 9 times, ch3, join with sl st in joining sl st of Rnd 1.
(10 sl sts, 10-ch3 loops)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cradle Purse

Cradle Part:

Rnd 1: With G hook and Color A ch5, 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 3 sc in next chain, working on other side of chain 1 sc in next chain, 1 sc in next chain, 2 sc in same chain as first sc, join with sl st to first sc.
(10sc)

Rnd 2: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in each of the next 2 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(16sc)

Rnd 3: Ch1, 2 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, 2 sc in next st, 3 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, 2 sc in next st, 3 sc in next st, join with sl st to back loop of first sc.
(24sc)

Rnd 4: Ch1, 1 sc in same back loop as joining, 1 sc in back loop only of each of the next 23 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(24sc)

Rnd 5: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(24sc)

Rnd 6: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 23 sts, join with sl st to back loop of first sc.
(24sc)

Rnd 7: Ch1, 1 sc in same back loop as joining, 1 sc in back loop only of each of the next 7 sts, 1 hdc in back loop only of next st, 1 dc in back loop only of next st, 1 TC in back loop only of each of the next 4 sts, 1 dc in back loop only of next st, 1 hdc in back loop only of next st, 1 sc in back loop only of each of the next 8 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(16sc, 2hdc, 2dc, 4TC) (24sts total)

Row 8: Sl st in each of the next 23 sts, join with sl st to joining sl st of Rnd 7.
(24sl sts)

Cover Part:

Rnd 1: Holding Cradle upside down and with size G hook join Color B with sl st to any front loop left free from working Rnd 7 in back loops only, ch3, 1 hdc in same front loop, [skip next front loop, (1 hdc, ch1, 1 hdc) all in next front loop] Do this 11 times, skip next front loop, join with sl st to 2nd chain of beginning ch3.
(24 hdc, 12-ch1 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as hdc and ch1)

Rnd 2: Sl st in ch1 space, ch3, 1 hdc in same space, [skip next 2 sts, (1 hdc, ch1, 1 hdc) all in next ch1 space] Do this 11 times, skip next st, join with sl st to 2nd chain of beginning ch3.
(24 hdc, 12-ch1 spaces) (Beginning ch3 counts as hdc and ch1)

Rnd 3: Sl st in ch1 space, ch1, 1 sc in same space, [ch3, skip next 2 sts, 1 sc in next ch1 space] Do this 11 times, ch3, skip next st, join with sl st to first sc.
(12sc, 12-ch3 spaces)

Strap: Fold Cover Part up. With E hook leaving a tail ch60 with Color A, finish off leaving a tail. Weave strap in and out of ch3 spaces of Rnd 3 of Cover Part. Use tails to tie strap together.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl November 18, 2010. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

Note: I would not recommend letting a child still putting things in its mouth play with the little baby and blanket in this set, as it could pose as a possible choking hazard.

So I gave the one I made to my neice for her birthday and it was a big hit. She loved it and she even said that in her own words. :yay:manyheart:c9

I also made another one and gave it to one of the ladies at the bookclub I go to and she really liked it. :yes

Thank you everyone for your kind words. :yes

Archived