Anybody Else Entering This Year's Micheal's Contest

So I was leafing through my Micheal's flyer yesterday and came across a contest by Lion Brand yarn and thought to myself "THAT IS SOOOO TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!" Then I went to the website and turns out it's a yearly thing lol

You have to knit, crochet, or craft something out of Vanna's Choice yarn and send in a pic of your entry and along with cash prizes the grand prize is to meet Vanna White.... OMG!! haha

So is anyone else planning on entering?? I personally still don't know what to make but I was checking out last years winners on the site and they are so fabulous. I'll have to come up with something good..

p,s, I don't know if it's all stores but along with the contest info they mentioned that Micheal's has all the Vanna's Choice yarn on for $2.99 right now.. BONUS

I'd love to enter this, but I'm wondering if the Vanna's Choice yarn has to be bought at Michael's in order to qualify? I HAVE a good stash of Vanna's Choice, but I didn't get it from Michael's! I would hate to go all through making something and entering it only to be disqualified because I don't have proof that I bought my yarn at Michael's. And we don't have a Michael's anywhere around here that I know about that I could even go there to buy some more for the contest!

I entered in '09 and '10. My teddy bear ('09) was a finalist, I got Lion Brand tote bag and Michaels gift card ($25, I think). Last year I entered a baby afghan. I didn't win, but they sent a "thank you" along with a Lion Brand fridge magnet. I might enter again if I have time.

Ellie 13

• 2 months later...

I've entered the contest. I made a baby afghan with smiley faces in the squares. I'm not sure how to post pics, but I might look into it. I don't think you have to prove where you got the yarn, as long as it's Vanna's yarn (Choice, Baby or anything with her name/pic on it).

Ellie 13

• 3 weeks later...

I sent an e-mail to be sure my entry got through because I had trouble up-loading the photos. I got an e-mail saying everything was O.K., I was entered in the contest. The deadline was Feb. 1st, so I hope to hear something soon.

Ellie 13

• 2 months later...

Archived