Roll-Up Hook Case Pattern

RelicRaider

Let me begin by saying, I really hope this makes sense. If any part of it is confusing to anyone, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to clarify.

The basics: free to use to make yourself, someone else or to sell hook cases, just please don't sell the pattern or add it to any collections. Link backs are perfectly fine.

Roll-Up Hook Case Free Pattern

Materials Needed:

WW yarn (your color of choice)

Size "H" hook

Yarn needle

sewing needle and thread

Elastic

3 medium to large sized buttons

Begin by chaining 31.

Row 1: In first loop from hook, sc and then across to end (30 sc) chain 1 & turn

Row 2 - 49 (worked in back loop only): sc across (30sc total each row)

Row 50: sc across (30 sc) then sc down edge until you get to the beginning chain. On the beginning chain row (this row is where you'll make your button holes), 3 sc, chain 5, skip 1 stitch, sc in next 9 stitches, chain 5, skip 1 stitch, sc in next 9, chain 5, skip 1 stitch, sc in next 3, turn and work sc up the edge, tie off and weave in end.

When you're done, there should be ridges and grooves in the crocheted section. This makes deciding where to put the hook "slots" so much easier.

Take the elastic and measure out a length that stretches from just before the 3rd "groove" from one end to the 3rd "groove" from other end. You'll need 2 elastic straps.

The first hook "slot" will go into the 3rd groove from the edge. Sew elastic to ridge before hook slot and to the ridge after hook slot on both the top and bottom elastic bands. Then repeat for each ridge across until you have a total of 20 hook slots.

Roll the case up, and use stitch markers to mark where the buttons need to be placed to line up with the button holes. Sew them on and there you have it. One handy, dandy roll-up hook case. Enjoy!

Finished product holds 20 hooks from sizes "B" to "N". There's also enough space at the ends to hold a yarn needle and safety pins or stitch markers.

post-17323-135897578644_thumb.jpg

post-17323-135897578646_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived