Anyone know this specific bubble?

Roxiegirl

Question

Does anyone know how to make this stitch? I'd love a scarf like this but can't figure the stitch out. It's a little different than a normal popcorn/puff/bobble. If you enlarge the picture you'll see a number of chains in the back of the stitch.

Any ideas?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/56807806/multibubble-scarf-marble

http://www.etsy.com/listing/56807806/multibubble-scarf-marble

16 answers to this question

She may have done a mesh stitch scarf first with a much smaller hook, then added in the bobble. If you look at the green scarf, which is the next item on her site, you can see a chain stitch winding through it.

Since popcorns/bobbles are my favorite stitches, I really like that scarf -- even though it's probably too warm for all but a couple of days here in Georgia. I can't fault sellers for not giving away their designs, and I have asked at least one etsy seller if she would sell her scarf patterns, but she said no. Maybe when their market for the actual products dwindles, they'll fall back to selling their patterns!

It almost looks like they're switching between two size hooks (or maybe using a broomstick pin to help hold the bobbles as they're working on them?)...the chains in between the bobbles look nice and tight, and I just can't fathom trying to hold such 'big' bobbles on a smaller hook.

It IS really pretty though! I'm curious to see what Mary comes back with from her patterns :)

:cheerHere is a picture of my version of these Bobbles but I have not worked out yet how they did them.

Looks like they used large yarn and hook and short rows of only 4 bobbles and they seem to go off on the bias. All the bobbles seem to face the same way so maybe there is a row of SL STs between.

post-700-135897578612_thumb.jpg

This could be a good alternative to get a similar effect.

I would suggest a nice soft yarn and really large hook but you may find it hard on your hands.

Let me know if you need instructions for this bobble.

The other scarves on the same site look like they are made on some sort of Daisy Wheel.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Wait now it looks familiar to me. Ok there was a craft store by my brother in Pa. called the rag shops or something that went out quite a few years ago and I remember after visiting the store coming home and finding their website and there were some crochet freebies on the site and one was a bobble baby blanket and the bobbles were very full like that but done back and forth. I remember trying a swatch and when I discovered how much yarn for each bobble put it on the back burner for some day. The pattern I have saved on my disks some where so will have to get it out and look. Mary

Well in looking up close at the little bit of back you can see are you sure that's crochet and not done on some kind of loom? If it's something she came up with then you can't blame her for not wanting to share only because she might want to sell the pattern later or something, who knows. I am just trying to imagine how that is crochet and done with a hook. Mary

It is just made by drawing up lots of loops into 1 stitch then pulling the yarn through all loops on the hook and making a CH to anchour.

Easy to do as long as you hold some upward tension on the stitches as you do them.

I do not have time just now but later I will do a sample and post a picture for you.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Archived