A couplle half granny's

dewbaby00

These are the half granny shawls I made they are very addictive to make.

This one is mine it sits on the back of my computer chair in case I get cold, it's made with lion brand homespun and is very soft and cuddly

post-6373-135897568126_thumb.jpg

This one is my DD's for dress up

post-6373-135897568129_thumb.jpg

And I am not sure what I will do with this one yet, I still need to weave in my ends and throw it in the wash, I used some old yarn a friend gave me and I can tell it's dirty.

post-6373-135897568132_thumb.jpg

post-6373-135897568115_thumb.jpg

post-6373-135897568123_thumb.jpg

absolutely beautiful! is that the caroline ingalls shawl pattern or did you find it elsewhere? i have been wanting to make a half granny shawl but for the life of me cant figure out how!

I just finished one of these. It was actually my first one I made using the half granny square pattern. A friend from church asked me to make her a prayer shawl and I chose the half granny as it seemed to be an easy pattern to do. It was. Years ago my Mom made shawls using this pattern but she added trim (fringe) and I think a shell stitch across the top. I was going to trim the one I made but I decided it looked fine the way it was. I used some RHSS in Buff Fleck as she wanted one that would go with everything. I used my Jimbo Hook size K that Santa Jimbo blessed me with this past Christmas. It really turned out nice. Sorry currently don't have any pictures to post of it. I hope to correct that soon as I now have decided on a digital camera. Just need to check with the friend who set up our computer about a couple details.

I like your shawls. You did a very nice job on them. I think this is a good pattern to use up your scrap yarn also. Thanks for sharing.

Archived