AAARRGGHHH!!! I can't do this pattern!!!

I'm soooo annoyed!! :bang

I bought this pattern - it's got loads of great reviews and labels itself ' Easy'

Well - I'm obviously below the 'Easy' catergory then!!

I've spent all evening trying to do it three times over and the result is abysmal. :thair

It's partly me but also the fact that the pattern is multi-sized and although I've circled the bits that concern the size I'm making it's still really confusing.

It's for baby mary-janes and all of it is done in the round but the pattern isn't written in rounds - or doesn't seem to be anyway.

I need a crochet hug!!!

Sometimes when the pattern is for many different sizes, I write it out on paper for the size I want. It makes it a lot easier to read and sometimes it helps make the directions plainer to me.

Just a thought:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug Many Crochet hugs.

:hug:hug:hug:hug

Could you post a link to the pattern?

Maybe someone here has made it and can help you.

I find that often if I am stuck on a pattern, I just put it away for a day or two and a lot of times, it makes sense to me after taking a break.

Good luck! :hook

:hug :hug :yarn:hug :hug

I agree with the others, take a break and go back to it.

I highlite when I do patterns like that.. or you can take a black marker and cross out the parts of the pattern for the different sizes

good luck and :hug

when a pattern has multiple sizes, i have photocopied the pattern, and then cut out the sections i need, then taped them to a file folder in order. that way i didn't lose my place, or get confused by looking at the wrong sections.

Sometimes I write the pattern out, spelling out abreviations, especially if they are not common ones. Just writing it out seems to help me many times, although I still contribute regularly to the frog pond.

Archived