ISO Stand Mixer Cover Pattern

SusanMarie1956

Question

15 answers to this question

I also have a KitchenAid stand mixer and have resorted to covering it with a linen bread cloth with bright red cherries on it. I've had it (the cloth) for years and never used it for what it was intended. Looks good on the counter!!!

I'd never thought about a crocheted cover! The mixers are so beautiful, I haven't seen a cover that would do the mixer justice not even the ones made for it.

Looks like I may have to just make it up as I go...:-)

Susan

:)Susan, if you design your own, I'd love the pattern too.... I have the KA mixer also.... Altho I did buy a cover at Kohl's couple years ago.. Wouldn't mind a more cheerful looking one... Good Luck! GBU!:manyheart

I'll take note as I make when one up.... Then I'll post them on here... BUt it will be awhile before I'm done... I have a project I'm working on right now. I'm making market bags right now.

I think the model number of my Kitchen Aid is K45. All I know is that it's big.

A lady who's Mom passed away had a yard sale. She had the Kitchen Aid in her yard sale for only 25.00 I grabbed it when I found out that it works like new!!!

~ Susan

I'd never thought about a crocheted cover! The mixers are so beautiful, I haven't seen a cover that would do the mixer justice not even the ones made for it.

Not mine. It's one of the original Kitchen Aides. It was passed down to me when my Nana died. It's white, it's ugly and I love it.

This is an old thread, but here's a free pattern that simple is pretty cute.  Really, with this idea you could just take measurements and use any stitch pattern or color scheme

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunflower-kitchen-mixer-cover

Or, if you are into 'finageling' a bit, this is cute too.  This uses  fingering weight, which is US #1 (like sock yarn), but I don't think it would be too hard to use the photo to create a custom taller fatter cozy for a mixer using worsted weight and bigger hook.  What I would do...take measurements for your mixer and make a paper mock-up, just 2 rectangles with curves at the top, and the strip across, and you can see where you need to shape the top, how long the strip needs to be etc. 

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/toaster-cover-s-954

Thank you Granny Sqaure, I found another pattern on raveltry:). My sister in law wanted me to make her the specific one that was posted here but she settled for a different pattern. Thank goodness because I am new to crochet and do not think I could work up my own pattern yet.

Archived