Baby Girl Sleeper Set

crosette

I made this Baby Girl Sleeper Set in ~4.5 hours this morning :yay except for end weaving...my mom's going to do it. :D She needed it for someone at work who needs it for a baby shower this weekend.

I used Bernat Baby Coordinates in White and Pink (it's squiggly and shiny).

th_set.jpgth_1.jpg

th_2.jpgth_DiaperCover.jpg

(Clickable pics)

Ok.....bedtime. :yawn

Thanks, guys. :D

:( I just called my mom to see if the lady liked it and she didn't take it.....she said it looked too small. :( My mom said that everyone who sees it asks if it's for a doll or something. :( Whatever, man. :(

Very pretty. Bernat Baby Coordinates is about my favorite yarn to work with, though the variety with the satin thread is a pain to work with if the hook is small.
omg I've been making these booties with a G hook and that yarn :eek....it sucks. This pattern uses an I hook, though, so it wasn't too bad.
That is beautiful....where did you find that pattern? I'd love to try it out myself! Thanks!
I used the Baby Girl Sleeper Set pattern.

awww don't be discouraged! i made that same pattern and had the same problem. :(

tho the baby i was making it for was already 2 months old, heh. i would think it'd be just fine for a newborn. it does seem kinda rude to not even accept the gift. *shrug* maybe that's just me.

again tho don't be down you did a beautiful job on it! :hug

awww don't be discouraged! i made that same pattern and had the same problem. :(

tho the baby i was making it for was already 2 months old, heh. i would think it'd be just fine for a newborn. it does seem kinda rude to not even accept the gift. *shrug* maybe that's just me.

again tho don't be down you did a beautiful job on it! :hug

It's not really rude....It's my mom's friend (kind of) and I made it pretty much as a favor not really as a gift b/c she couldn't afford to buy one. My mom also had a blanket she could have to take to the baby shower....she took that instead. I guess it's better that she didn't take it if she thought it was too small. But still.....:(

Try making the set again with worsted weight yarn. If you want to make it again, that is. Someone else here did it, and she gave me the measurements of the final set, and in worsted weight it's definitely big enough for a newborn.

The lady should have taken it though. Some of us have small newborns, and you just don't know beforehand (ultrasounds are notorious for adding a pound or more to the baby's real weight).

You could donate it to the NICU at your loacl hospital. You know they would find a baby it would fit and whose Mommy would be :c9 tickled pink! It would be adorable for those "we FINALLY got to bring her HOME" Pictures!

--SarahC

It's not really rude....It's my mom's friend (kind of) and I made it pretty much as a favor not really as a gift b/c she couldn't afford to buy one. My mom also had a blanket she could have to take to the baby shower....she took that instead. I guess it's better that she didn't take it if she thought it was too small. But still.....:(

Archived