invisible beginnings and joinings

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/newsletters.php?mode=article&article_id=960&key=NL00

an article on how to begin and join rounds "invisibly" when changing colors/starting a new yarn.

the joining method has been on some blogs etc., but this is the first time I have seen the beginning method online. they have a good description of it and a fairly good photo (a couple more photos would have been nice too). it works w/ other stitches, not just dc.

have you seen this beginning method elsewhere online? it's in the book Crocheting in Plain English, and Myra Wood mentioned it on a recent episode of Knit and Crochet Now.

I had not heard of either of these. i had heard of the invisible ending though and used it at xmas for some stockings i made for clients. Thank you so much for sharing this w/ us. so many new things to learn still :)

Sandy

This gave me an idea I am going to try out. What if you are working in the same yarn color for multiple rounds but you don't want that ugly slip stitch join the chain 3 to start the next round? I wonder if instead of joining with a slip stitch... what would happen if you joined using a double crochet or extended dc instead? Hmmm going to have to try it and see.

Archived