Mood Scarf

Beverooni

Has anyone else joined the Knit A Year group at http://knitayear.ning.com/profiles/profile/show?id=Beverooni& or on Ravelry? The idea is to knit/crochet your moods for a year. (I decided to make a scarf/shawl and practice my Tunisian stitches but you could do anything you want.) This has been such an enlightening project for me.Every day you are to choose some yarn that reflects your mood and work a couple of rows. By the end of the year you will be able to see how your moods are reflected. I decided to do just SUNNY or CLOUDY and chose Sassy Stripes yarn. The biggest thing I have learned is that if I do this in the morning I can actually choose to change my mood. I find that if I work on it later in the day it is easier to get caught up in the CLOUDY instead of the SUNNY. Here's just a couple of of pictures showing what I mean:

post-19085-135897535652_thumb.jpg

post-19085-135897535656_thumb.jpg

post-19085-135897535659_thumb.jpg

That is a neat idea! I am sure it will make a really cool scarf at then end of the year. And if your January is anything like mine, it will be perfect time to have a new scarf. When I think of all the ends you would have to sew in though....

Oh my! I would love to to this project! But I'm not to good to see bigger projects through. Mostly because I'm depressed most of the years, and those heavy days I don't wnat to do anything, but it is those days that would make a scarf like this most interesting.

But anyway; I like it!

Archived