Crochet Magazine

Crochet Today would be my choice. I like every thing about this magazine, ever pattern I've tried has come out. I had a question once and emailed them and they responded quickly. Customer service is very important to me.

It depends on your skill level as a crocheter.

1. Crochet World is great for any level. They have a lot of patterns for the beginner. Can subscribe as an e-zine.

2. Crochet! has a variety of patterns for each skill level but less for the beginner. Offer a selection of different projects. Can subscribe as an e-zine.

3. Crochet Today always seems to have a lot of cute and trendy projects and has multiple skill levels.

4. Interweave Crochet is for the more advanced crocheter. They have a lot of nice and trendy projects and introduce a lot of new techniques.

Each has a website where you can go and view current projects from their magazines so you can see what type of projects you would be interested in the most.

The only one I subscribe to is Crochet Today, because it offers a variety of items that always seem to be fairly current with trends. If I had one complaint, it would be that it too often recycles old patterns without enough of a new spin that I couldn't have done myself. However, I know how hard it is to come up with new stuff.

I subscribe to Interweave Crochet, and love it. Some of the patterns are more advanced, but not all. I love that they have theme issues of yarn type or technique (Tunisian, for example), and both charts and verbal descriptions of the same pattern. Usually each issue has something for kids in it, as well. And they have been publishing more plus size patterns, too.

Think about what you like to do. Afghans? Baby items? Clothing? Then check each magazine out for a few months to see which offers you the most bang for your buck.

Patty

I heartily agree with what Patty said about looking at the magazines for a few issues before deciding which to subscribe to. Really get a feel for what they present before you commit your money. Of course, you could always cancel and get a refund if you don't like the one you subscribe to, but that would be a hassle.

Crochet! and Crochet World both include some back issues in the digital sub. these two have the least visual info (schematics, stitch symbol diagrams, and multiple view photos of the FO).

Crochet Today has the most symbol diagrams and has a nice variety of projects. IMO it is a fun magazine. I like their "updating" of vintage patterns even though like Afghaniac said they don't really change them much. But i love the old classics and I like to see them in contemporary colors and nicely styled photos.

Interweave Crochet is a beautiful magazine that mainly has women's garments. I love it but I do get aggravated because they tend to have a ton of ads for Interweave's knitting publications, just seems a little unbalanced in a crochet mag.

If you like digital subs, there is also Inside Crochet from the UK. http://www.yudu.com/item/details/82881/Inside-Crochet-magazine

UK terms are used so you have to remember to translate UK dc to US sc, etc.

I subscribe to Crochet World, it's my all-time fave, next is Crochet Today

I really like that both are great for all skill levels and offer a good variety of kinds of patterns in each issue.

Hope this helps!

I love Crochet World. I am a beginner and I find it is pretty well rounded with a variety of projects. I get a digital subscription which enables me to look at back issues and print patterns I may like. I recently got a digital subscription of Crochet! and I am not very keen on it. I find it has several clothing projects which are not my thing at the moment. I am more into baby gifts, blankets or home accessories.

Thanks for posting this question because I was just going to ask them same thing tonight!

Archived