***** update*****Crochet World digital DOES want me to renew

missmaxx

I have good news and a great big THANK YOU! to add to this story. After I posted this I got a PM from the editor of Crochet World Magazine. It took some doing but I was able to renew my digital subscription today.

I want to say thanks to Ms Maks and Kim Skelton for helping me renew.

Crochet World is a great publication - which is why I was so frustrated when I couldn't renew. I'm very happy to be a subscriber again! Thank you!

Hi, I'm trying not to rant..... really. Has anyone else had trouble renewing your digital subscription to Crochet World? I've been trying since March 8 to renew my subscription. Every time I get to the page after I've entered my card number to pay it says "an unexpected error has ocurred" It's happened so much I started to expect the "unexpected error".

I contacted customer service and was told to try again. I did - same result. I called them. You can't renew on the phone - only online for the digital version. They promised to look in to it and get back to me. I waited 3 weeks, tried again and sent another email. They finally answered after another few weeks and told me the supervisor said there was a problem but it was now fixed. They didn't bother to contact me. I guess I fell throught the cracks down there. I went back to the renewal form - filled it out again and guess what???????????????????? An unexpected error ocurred!

I surrender. It's a shame. I liked the patterns but I want a magazine that cares enough about the customers to answer their questions and be up front enough to admit they forgot about me.

OK, that's enough. I'm sorry if I've gone over the limits with a bit of a rant. I would like to hear from anyone who's had the same problem.

Thanks for reading this to the end,

happy crocheting,

Haven't had the experience, but would definitely be upset if i did! :angry it's too bad they don't have better service for this. I'm surprised actually because the few times I've had to contact a DRG publication for anything, they had really good customer service. It's a shame that you won't be able to renew a magazine that you like because of a technical problem. that kind of thing really does make you feel they just don't care about the customers.

Did you try a different computer? The reason I am asking is that I have trouble with certain sites with one of my computers while the other works just fine. It could be something in your computer itself that is causing the problem,a bit of spyware or a defending program even adblock will do it!

Thank you for the advice - and yes I cleaned out my cookies and double checked my anti-virus, firewall, etc.......

Today I got a PM in response to this posting that I'm sure will help.

Thank you!

I'll be very happy to get back to crocheting the great patterns from Crochet World. And, now I can say I know that someone at Crochet World really does care about their customers.

Thank you,

Glad it all worked out. I love my digital subscription too! I will definately be renewing. The benefits of having all the issues readily available and searchable while not piling up in the house are well worth it!

Archived