Oruaka Hat/Cowl - with husband's help!

MsSunflwr

I made this hat and cowl set which was inspired by the amazing wood buttons that my husband William has been making as a hobby. I always love whatever he makes and used his buttons exclusively with all my handmade Christmas gifts last year, against William’s wishes because he never thought they were good enough. I posted a similar thread on Ravelry and showed him the responses...he was thrilled and has thrown himself even moreso into "his craft"...he couldn't just take my word for it that the buttons were superb and compliment the pieces so nicely, it had to come from total strangers. :think Every day he astonishes me with something new…he’s always working to make his work better than the last and somehow he manages to do it. He has FINALLY opened his own Etsy shop (after I have been “nagging” him to do so...there's a link in my signature). The pattern has been written out and is being tested NOW. What do you think of the set? I used Hobby Lobby's I LOVE THIS YARN so it's really soft and cozy. :scrachin

post-328-13589752773_thumb.jpg

post-328-135897527732_thumb.jpg

post-328-135897527733_thumb.jpg

Very pretty and I love the buttons! Visited both Etsy shops and I'm wondering if your Hubby ever makes heart shaped buttons? Also...I fell in love with your bag pattern and HAD to buy it! Can't wait to make it for myself!!!

Very pretty and I love the buttons! Visited both Etsy shops and I'm wondering if your Hubby ever makes heart shaped buttons? Also...I fell in love with your bag pattern and HAD to buy it! Can't wait to make it for myself!!!

He just sold some heart shaped buttons yesterday...here's a picture.

If you decide you'd like him to make you some, just let me know and I'll include a copy of the hat/scarf pattern with your buttons!

post-328-135897527734_thumb.jpg

Archived