Yarnstorming

How many of you have heard of this and what do you think of it? For those that don't know what it is, here it is in a nutshell. You go to some public place and put knit and crocheted stuff all over it. Like in a public park you would stuff on trees, or benches, or statues. On a street you would put stuff on a parking meter or signs. Frankly I think it is nuts! But that is my opinion, what's your?

I think it is a great way to get the art of crocheting and knitting out there, esp in urban areas. Here in Hickville they would probably arrest you for littering....lol! But here it seems like everyone and their grandparents crochets and knits and sews.

Im with rose... what's the point? unles your stitting there to explain to those with blank espressions.. that or i'd find it a waiste of my hard work. lol

There are lots of examples of this online. I've seen a gas station, a motorcycle, a parking meter, and a tree all covered in knit or crochet. I have to say that I worried a bit about the tree. That didn't seem healthy for it. I could see covering a dead tree, maybe...but a live tree doesn't need a sweater. Hmmmm...now that you mention it, there's a dead bush in my garden.....our last winter killed it...I wonder how it would look in a variegated yarn? ;)

i love it. i think it's fun and makes people think and i think it brings smiles to people who see it.

there doesn't have to be a purpose to everything in life. it is just fun. can't something be just fun and colorful?

Archived