Washing Baby Items How do you do it???? Opinions Needed PLease.

Hello ladies and gents:

I wanted to ask you all that crochet items for charity for babies, once you finish crocheting your items to donate do you wash them and if so what do you do???

Hand wash them or machine wash ???

Drying as well??? PLease tell me how or what you do ?

What cycle you use and what detergents?

Thank you sooo much

hugs

Lillibet

I use a baby detergent.. and then Dry it in the dryer with no softner sheet. but I'd wash n dry on the most gentle cycle.. beacuse most likely the parents will re wash before they give it to their baby.

i wash in baby detergent and dry without a dryer sheet. i want to see if all my ends are out of sight and make sure that things stay together! i know that the hospitals will wash again before use. isn't it fun to donate to these sweet babies?

I wash in a lingerie bag, warm wash, cold rinse, tumble dry. I figure whoever gets it is gong to wash it again anyway. I do baby stuff in acrylic cause it's easy to take care of & durable. If I make using RHSS I soak & wash with 1/2 to whole bottle of hair conditioner to soften.

Thank you ladies for your ideas and tips ... I've never washed baby items before giving them as gifts as i knew the parents woudl wash it...

I wanted to ask around here to know the how to's so i can do it when donating for charities...

You all have been a great help...

hugs

Lillibet

I wash my baby things (both mine and for others) in a mesh bag (have large one for blankets) in "ALL" or "Purex" free and clear in warm water. Then I tumble dry on Low (still in Mesh bags) with a "Bounce" free and clear dryer sheet. I usually wash items for donation to the pregnancy crisis center, but gifts, well, it depends. If it is at a shower, months before baby is set to arrive, well, I leave it for the mom to do her way, but if it is a yay your baby is here gift, I go ahead and wash it. We don't have any pets so I don't really have to worry about random things getting on to the items.

I used to use Dreft for my daugher's clothes (yum, smells good ;-) ) but it was getting expensive, so I switched. Now we have to use He detergent with our new washer, and Dreft dosn't make a version so there is really no other choice. Clothes are clean, and no allergic reactions with the free and clear detergents/dryer sheets. (plus we save money!)

Thank you ladies for your ideas and tips ... I've never washed baby items before giving them as gifts as i knew the parents woudl wash it...

I wanted to ask around here to know the how to's so i can do it when donating for charities...

You all have been a great help...

hugs

Lillibet

Was that your Baby Bubbles? How did it turn out?

Archived