Hand Protection?

I crochet everday and recently I am having an awful time trying to keep my hands hydrated and preventing painful cracks at the cuticles. I use a lot of lotion before and after yet I still have the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions to prevent this or a particular lotion to use? :eek

I use Lubiderm lotion. There are several different kinds of Lubiderm. I switch around. I have also found Gold Bond Medicated Lotion to be good. It relieves itching and helps to heal cracks quickly.

would slathering stuff on your hands and then using nitrile gloves help? I don't know if that takes away to much feeling to be able to work. Costco has the nitrile gloves, but not all places have all the sizes. Mine doesn't have the smalls which is the size I need!

Thank you so much for your suggestions. One of them has to help somewhere along the line. I am going to check out the Nivea line. That is about the only one I have not tried so far.

I use Gold Bond Healing lotion. One thing that might help is to put the lotion on at night then put cotton gloves on while you sleep.

I use Gloves in a Bottle. It works because instead of moisturizing your skin, it prevents moisture and natural oils from leaving your skin. It's a little bit pricey, but truly well worth it. My local yarn shop sells it for $12.95 for a 8-ounce bottle. Also, just a little goes a long way, so a bottle will last. The scent is extremely light, almost none to my nose. You can get a free sample of Gloves in a Bottle here: http://www.glovesinabottle.com/free-sample.html

When my hands are in better shape and I don't need serious care, I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E. Smells so yummy.

Archived