The County Fair is COMING!

The county fair just posted the on-line premium book for our fair in July! :cheerFair time has been the highlight of my summer for the past 3 years, so I cannot wait. I've already made a baby blanket, a market bag, and a stuffed animal for my fair. I typically work from January to June on items for the fair and then they become christmas gifts in the winter.

Anyone else gearing up for their fair!

I've been tossing the idea of putting an item in the fair around for a couple of weeks. I think I might do this.. maybe even start a CAL for such a thing?

Oh, yes

I have a pile of things in the back room that is going to the fair.

I have untill Sep. So I'm sure I will have a nice big pile of thing to take to the fair.

Good Luck!

It is a lot of fun!!

I have the yarn for a blanket for fair, but haven't started it yet. Hopefully will finish my current project soon, so I can start it. I have only entered something once before and did okay, but hope to improve on my position this year. The county fair is a VERY BIG DEAL in Portage County, OH!

Have most of you found there is little in crocheting at the fairs? That is what I've been told. I am going to enter a few projects that I have around here, but our fair isn't until late summer almost early fall.

Our fair is always the hottest week of the year, last full week of July. At one time there was a large crochet & knit exhibit, but it has been shrinking yearly for at least the past 5-10 years. I am going to enter something in this year for my first time. I hope to keep it alive at least for another year!

Our fair is always the hottest week of the year, last full week of July. At one time there was a large crochet & knit exhibit, but it has been shrinking yearly for at least the past 5-10 years. I am going to enter something in this year for my first time. I hope to keep it alive at least for another year!

Our fair (also in hot July!) has done the opposite. Not to many enteries the first few years I entered, now it is exploding with nice things. Good luck with yours.

We have a small fair. Some years there are more and some less.

But it is fun to enter.

I look in the book and enter things that are different.

Last year I enter a crocheted toy and won 1st. I also got a 2nd for a dolliy.

I also do really well in clothing. Crocheted tops and poncho

Did you have to remind me that dragons isnt making itself or the blanket i plan to do for the fair i need a stop button for a week to many items to make before summer break for the students orders and baby blankets must of had been a cold winter here lol

I've been entering ours for about 8 yrs. It just ended last week and I had five items. We get a nice amount of crochet and knit and lots of quilts but it seems to be getting less now to.

post-10430-135897521354_thumb.jpg

Mrs. Principal, I've been to the DuPage County Fair many times when I lived in Wheaton but never entered it. I always thought it was for farmers, 4-H Clubs etc. It took me 60 years before I entered a county fair in Nevada. I wish you luck and hope you win lots of ribbons.

Mrs. Principal, I've been to the DuPage County Fair many times when I lived in Wheaton but never entered it. I always thought it was for farmers, 4-H Clubs etc. It took me 60 years before I entered a county fair in Nevada. I wish you luck and hope you win lots of ribbons.

so you are the one who beats me at the dupage fair lol sweet job

Have most of you found there is little in crocheting at the fairs? That is what I've been told. I am going to enter a few projects that I have around here, but our fair isn't until late summer almost early fall.

Our fair is the last week of August, and there is alot of crochet, knit, quilting - all kinds of stuff - even photography and art. I am amazed at what some people are able to do. I am in no way in their league, but I find it fun!

Archived