Opinions - monthly giveaway...

I love the shaw, bags, totes giveaways...and I want to participate. I was thinking about doing a monthly amigurumi giveaway. What do you think? I'm not the best at them yet...but I love to do them and I'd love to be a part of all the giving around this place!

It is nice to hear that you want to give what you do best to others. What person among us does not love ami's. I know when I make them, my DH claims them. I have to tell him ahead of time if it is for someone else.

The thing with the give away, for me anyway, is to give something from your heart. If you feel your ami's are the best, then go for it.

So let me, if you decide to do this, welcome you and thank you for your generousity.:hug

I was thinking about hats...but not everyone is a hat person (I'm not...)...

The only problem with hats, besides some people not liking them, is that not everyone needs them. Take warm weather climates, not many use hats there.

The thing is to do what you think someone may like.

I think I'm going to do Amigurumi....starting April. How would you suggest I get started? Do you advertise to see who is interested or just pick someone randomly?

The only problem with hats, besides some people not liking them, is that not everyone needs them. Take warm weather climates, not many use hats there.

The thing is to do what you think someone may like.

I agree with Mary Jo, not everyone needs a hat. Most winters here in FL we have no use for them...except this year.:wbrr

As for how I pick...its random. I like to scan the wish lists, but sometimes someone catches my eye and I make a tote specifically with them in mind. Sometimes I post the tote and see who likes it and pick from that list. Whatever floats my boat at the time. :lol

:turtle:vheart

I think this will be fun. I am going to go through my books and look for my first pattern tonight...and then I'll search for my first victim...I mean recipient ;)

Dear Alesha:

Welcome aboard with the monthly giving / roaking fun..

Like turtlelvr and Tampa doll say you give what you do best and comes from the heart.

Like Tampa doll she is famous for her Totes....

Turtlelvr also gives Totes and Bags

Elle with her shawls

And I well My bathroon tank cover sets... and some times i may roak a small tote too

so you see it can be anything your heart desires and well you can even Roak or give away a different item every month really its all up to you....

So even dishcloths are great or kitchen towel toppers all up to you...

And of course remember postage costs.... take that into consideration too...

So I go about who gets the next roak Tank Set i make goes by the posts the ladies post when i show a bathroom tank set... and i pick them randomly as well....

I've yet not done the wishing well lists cause i got a long lists of persons already i want to roak them with a tank set not that i am picking persons in particular but from the list of persons that posted when i began my roaking post....

So my dear Good Luck and just post when you ready to send a roak and this ways the ohhhhh and Awwwweeeee's begin and you take it from there...

hugs and kisses

Lillibet

I agree with Mary Jo, not everyone needs a hat. Most winters here in FL we have no use for them...except this year.:wbrr

As for how I pick...its random. I like to scan the wish lists, but sometimes someone catches my eye and I make a tote specifically with them in mind. Sometimes I post the tote and see who likes it and pick from that list. Whatever floats my boat at the time. :lol

Turt? you have a boat???? can I barrow it :) lol,

yes I'd just do as the gals here do.,, and post your pic of the Item, and choose from those who comment on it?

I know as being a recipient of Elles Lovley shawl(yup i still am a proud recipient:D) That the one choosen would be honored,

I think all the items that. Tampa/Elle/turt/ nd the rest are all just wounderful works of the heart !!!

I think it's a great idea, Alesha! You will get the biggest kick out of giving people gifts, I swear, it's THE best mood elevator you can have!

You'll find that it REALLY makes you happy when you make other people happy! If I could wish for anything, it would be for more money so that I could do more for more people!

I've even been thinking lately that, while it's fun to make the shawls each month, I'd like to branch out and send out something different every now and then instead of a shawl. I've got March's shawl underway, however I've been thinking that it MIGHT change form and become something else before all is said and done. That will also add more fun to the game, because it will be a surprise each month to see just what it is that I'll be sending. A shawl? An afghan? A bag? A scarf and hat set? A doily or tabletopper? Hey, you never know! :devil

Having received one of Mary Jo's totes, I can tell you it is the most awesome feeling to be at the receiving end. But I know from my volunteer charity work that the giving high is even greater. So thank you for thinking so warmly of us that you want to spread the love.

Elle, I think your random idea is great! But, could you keep the secret? I mean, with the way we pester and agitate, could you resist all of us posting "What is it? Give us a hint!" :P

Patty

So true about keeping it a secret. Heck it is hard enough to keep a secret when the package is sent out.

I found it very hard not to shout it from the roof, expecially when I ship overseas and it is shipped 4 days before I post.

I get very shy when something is sent to me, but I love everything I have gotten, Sue's bag and Elle's shaw and a few other thing.

I agree with Patty, the hig from giving is really something else.

The main thing to remember is this is suppose to be fun.:hook

I agree with everyone else that it must be something you enjoy making. I think ami's would be a good idea. They are just such fun items. Oh so cute and lovable. How could anyone resist one. Besides it's fun to receive something when you least expect it. That happened to me in January when I received a tote from Turtlelvr. Good Luck with what you decide to do. I think I will have to come to terms to being on pins and needles for the whole month. What with totes, bags, shawls, bathroom sets and whatever else may come up.

Having received one of Mary Jo's totes, I can tell you it is the most awesome feeling to be at the receiving end. But I know from my volunteer charity work that the giving high is even greater. So thank you for thinking so warmly of us that you want to spread the love.

Elle, I think your random idea is great! But, could you keep the secret? I mean, with the way we pester and agitate, could you resist all of us posting "What is it? Give us a hint!" :P

Patty

The only thing that would be a secret is who the item is going to, because I would still post a photo of the item each month so that everyone could see it. It's fun to get everyone's input on it before it gets mailed. So just like I post a photo of the shawl each month, I would still post a photo of whatever the other item is as well. Another thing I thought of doing is making a different shawl from another pattern, just to add some variety to it, not just for the recipients, but also for me. I think it will be a lot of fun for everyone! :yes

Its a great feeling giving and receiving. I've been lucky enough to get one of the Crochetville bag and Potholder of the month. I love everyone's reactions whether from one of my bags or any other gift. You'll be amazed at how good you feel when you see that message from the receiver. You'll be up on :c9 right along with them!

Archived