March Charity Get Together 3/18-23/2010

busy-bee-lmt

Oh those premie gahns are so sweet. It's amazing that the two done in reverse color are SO different! We should have a new computer soon, so I hope I can post pictures in a few days.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh those premie gahns are so sweet. It's amazing that the two done in reverse color are SO different! We should have a new computer soon, so I hope I can post pictures in a few days.

Thanks. Yeah it really is amazing how different they turn out just by changing the colors around.

Finally I can post a picture.

post-13802-135897517108_thumb.jpg

Here is the cat mat (small), cat toys and two block a la Glasgow Lindsay's method. Ok the second block wasn't really finished on the 23rd, but close enough!

Finally I can post a picture.

[ATTACH]18560[/ATTACH]

Here is the cat mat (small), cat toys and two block a la Glasgow Lindsay's method. Ok the second block wasn't really finished on the 23rd, but close enough!

Very pretty. Nice work! :clap :clap :clap

I want to do some Christmas pot holders for my sister with Christmas motifs. Can you suggest a site where I can find Santa and Mrs.clause and some bells?

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place but I cant seem to find any!

Hello,

Well, between work and trying to fix my computer (no luck yet) Here is my weak contribution:

1 Cat Mat

12 Cat Toys

1 Square (to try the Lindsay method of blanket making)

I don't have the ability to post any new pictures yet. Sorry! I sure hope I can do better in April. Thanks!! Can't wait to see those preemie blankets!!

That was a great cotribution:cheer considering all your computer troubles!:eek

While I didn't get anything finished I did more than I thought I would be able to. On the diagonal box stitch baby afghan, the two sides are 25" and I got a granny square baby afghan to just under 12" that is a mixture of blue and white fine baby yarn. Next month I'm going to try and do something in worsted weight.

:clapHi Darlene, well done on getting some crochet done :hookat all with that shoulder still giving you so much discomfort!:( It was still nice to say hello over the weekend!:D

Yeah, gang! We did awesome work this weekend for charity! We may have been small in numbers but we rocked! :clap :clap :clap

Totals:

1 12" square

2 40"x55" lap blankets assembled

16 6" squares

11 4" squares

1 cat mat

12 cat toys

1 square ( size unknown)

1 diagonal baby afghan to 25"

1 granny square baby afghan to 12"

5 preemie afghans

Thanks to everyone who participated. It was a great group. I'll get pictures taken later today of the preemie afghans and get them posted for you to see. :hug

:cheer Yeah didn't we do well!:D I like the way you get to feel partly responsible for other people's contributions to charity!:lol Thank you for hosting this month Linda it was fun chatting to you and the other participants!:manyheart

Okay, here are the photos of the 5 preemie afghans I did this weekend. Can you tell that I am so ready for spring to get here? :lol :lol :lol

Oh these are all lovely Linda!:) Well done they looks so fresh and pretty the parents of the preemies will just love them!:manyheart Sorry I did not get back sooner to say WOW :cheer about our totals but the end of last week got away from me:think! But I did get my set of 16 squares made into a blanket so they won't be hanging around getting in my way! Here is a picture!:D

Lindsay, I am not sure if you will check in here, but if I see you in the April Charity weekend, maybe I will post there too. Here is one of my cat beds with the sides stuffed with quilt batting.

post-13802-135897519228_thumb.jpg

The furball in the way of the 1st picture is our foster failure, Dickens. Named after Charles Dickens, but he has turned into a real imp (he was chasing the camera strap while I was taking the picture) so the name works!!

post-13802-135897519224_thumb.jpg

Lindsay, I am not sure if you will check in here, but if I see you in the April Charity weekend, maybe I will post there too. Here is one of my cat beds with the sides stuffed with quilt batting.

[ATTACH]18899[/ATTACH]

The furball in the way of the 1st picture is our foster failure, Dickens. Named after Charles Dickens, but he has turned into a real imp (he was chasing the camera strap while I was taking the picture) so the name works!!

That's a beautiful bed and a cute furball.

[ATTACH]18899[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the extra picture :clapthat is a really great idea (maybe I will try one this month!?) Your contributions for the weekend look great too! The Never Ending Blanket Method is not my idea though it comes from the blog Deb's Crafts but I am glad you enjoy it I love it!:hook

I hope to see youall again in April!:)

I am not sure how you squeeze so much time out of your days. I love to see your blog and see yet another blanket done! Amazing. I will see you again in April. I liked a couple of other things on Deb's blog. Thanks for the link.

Archived