March Charity Get Together 3/18-23/2010

busy-bee-lmt

It's time for the March Charity Get Together. I haven't seen it posted yet, so I volunteer to host it this month. It will run from Thursday, March 18th, through Tuesday, March 23rd. I'll plan on posting our totals on Thursday, March 25th. That gives everyone a full day to post their totals. I'm looking forward to a good turnout and lots of lovely items produced. Anything handmade counts, be it crocheted, knitted, or sewn, as long as it's for charity. See you soon. :hook:knit:sew

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for volunteering Linda. I'll be working on either HAP 6x9 rectangles or another premie afghan. The recovery of my shoulder surgery is much slower than I expected and still can only crochet for about 20 min but it is good mental therapy. Have marked my calendar.

Thanks, Linda! I completely spaced it. I have the reminder set up in my Outlook and it hasn't been working lately. I'm not sure if I'll be here or not. I'll be on vacation. I plan on working on something...just maybe not posting. Have a great charity weekend!

Thanks for volunteering Linda. I'll be working on either HAP 6x9 rectangles or another premie afghan. The recovery of my shoulder surgery is much slower than I expected and still can only crochet for about 20 min but it is good mental therapy. Have marked my calendar.

Hey, work at your own speed, Darlene. I'm glad you can do some crocheting. You are so right about the therapeutic value of crocheting. It's great.

Not to worry, Nicole. Have a good vacation.

Wow, what a quick month. Seems like I just posted my February charity picture. I will get something done! I promised a cat blanket and toys on another thread, so maybe this will get me started. Thanks for hosting!

Wow, what a quick month. Seems like I just posted my February charity picture. I will get something done! I promised a cat blanket and toys on another thread, so maybe this will get me started. Thanks for hosting!

If they're for charity, you can count them both places.

is it for those crocheting and giving their work to charity.. or are we crocheting thigns to send to you to send to charity

My crochet group is doing blankets for Nicu babies and we have enough squares so far for 2 blankets, when we get enough blankets we plan on taking them to a hospital and giving them to the NICU

is it for those crocheting and giving their work to charity.. or are we crocheting thigns to send to you to send to charity

My crochet group is doing blankets for Nicu babies and we have enough squares so far for 2 blankets, when we get enough blankets we plan on taking them to a hospital and giving them to the NICU

Nope, you don't send them to me, do them for your NICU. Any items that are made for any charity that you support qualify. And NICUs love to get the little blankets and they give the families a huge lift. :hug

It's time to get the hooks and needles flying on our charity items. I've put on a big pot of tea and another of vanilla roast coffee and there are warm cinnamon rolls for everyone. Pull up a chair and set spell and we'll see what wondrous things we can turn out this month. :yarn :yarn :yarn

I just got a new movie from Netflix (Tristan and Isolde) - which will be a surprise because I forgot waht it was about, and one from the library (Up in the Air), so I should get some good crochet time in this weekend. I have to pay attention and finish a block for the 63 club, then cat mats are mindless!!

I just got a new movie from Netflix (Tristan and Isolde) - which will be a surprise because I forgot waht it was about, and one from the library (Up in the Air), so I should get some good crochet time in this weekend. I have to pay attention and finish a block for the 63 club, then cat mats are mindless!!

Yeah!

After battling the stomach flu yesterday, I am now ready to start on a preemie afghan in variegated ww yarn today. Come on in and play everyone.

This is a two fold project for me. Since I'm still recovering from my shoulder surgery, I can only crochet on my charity project after I do all the assigned physical therapy exercises and walk on the treadmill for ten minutes. Then my reward is 20-30 minutes of crochet time. I started another box stitch diagonal baby afghan because I thought the quick building diagonal would be a good incentive as well. Only problem, I'm on skein 8 of 12 of this baby yarn and I'm sure getting tired of it. This is the third Charity Weekend that I've used it. That will teach me to buy so much yarn of the same color on sale! Pulled out an alternate color and may work it in another pattern for a change up.

This is a two fold project for me. Since I'm still recovering from my shoulder surgery, I can only crochet on my charity project after I do all the assigned physical therapy exercises and walk on the treadmill for ten minutes. Then my reward is 20-30 minutes of crochet time. I started another box stitch diagonal baby afghan because I thought the quick building diagonal would be a good incentive as well. Only problem, I'm on skein 8 of 12 of this baby yarn and I'm sure getting tired of it. This is the third Charity Weekend that I've used it. That will teach me to buy so much yarn of the same color on sale! Pulled out an alternate color and may work it in another pattern for a change up.

:lol :lol :lol I've been there and done that, too.

I have 'Up In The Air' on our LoveFilm wishlist but it isn't available in the UK until May...I hope you enjoy it...Ah George Clooney :manyheart:blush:lol

Are your cat mats like little rugs/thick blankets for the cats to lie on or like little beds? I saw someone post pictures of these little beds with sides that lift up for kittens and cats and wondered how to make them as they looked great!:hook

After battling the stomach flu yesterday, I am now ready to start on a preemie afghan in variegated ww yarn today. Come on in and play everyone.

Argh stomach flu:eek poor you! I hope you are feeling much better now! I meant to get in here sooner but I got side tracked. I lost Thursday's crochet to a drama next door. Our next door neighbour was beaten up by her boyfriend and we had her in here in a right state and then the police/ambulance etc it was horrible as she is only about 18 years old!:(

I wasted some of yesterday's time bordering the last 20 or so squares from an ongoing project which Ihave put away for the moment as it now involves sewing the ends in on 70 squares and I cannot face it this weekend even for charity!:D

I settled down later in the day yesterday to make some granny squares from scrap yarn for this weekend's totals. I have a set of 16 nearly finished that will be a pram blanket later in the month. I also have a scarf for charity which just needs an edging added to be finished so I might get that done today as well.

After that I think I will make a baby blanket in a giant granny style so have a break from the squares! I will check in later to see how everyone is doing!:hook Happy Crocheting!:)

Hi, Lindsay! That kind of drama is so upsetting. I hope she's okay. And I hope that this makes her see the light and that she ditches BF before he can do it again.

I got most of a preemie afghan done yesterday. Just one or two more rows and the border to go.

Hi Lindsay,

I never understood that whole reason for different release dates in different countries. Maybe so the stars can jet around to opening nights? Also, did you know that if you buy a DVD in Europe/UK, you can't play it here? What kind of junk is that? I bought a movie 2 years ago in London and was annoyed to find that out.

My cat mats are made with 3 strands of yarn. The beds are too. When I finish the beds, I roll down the sides and stuff them with rolled up quilt batting and then just kind of stitch that in place. I have tried the big "tubbie" style, but after a few washes, the sides don't stay up. Pooh is trying out a small one in my avatar. I'd attach a better picture for you but I have spent the past 6 days trying to get a virus off of my desktop computer with no luck. Which is why my contribution to the charity blitz will be weak. I also picked up New Moon today. (It released today), so I have plenty to watch, but I am so fed up about my PC that I can't settle down. My laptop keeps me in touch, but it has no pictures, etc.

It's about 75 here today, too hot, too soon. So I might go outside and mess in the garden for awhile and sweat off this frustration!!:angry

Hi again Linsay, I am waiting for a message from my cousin about what to do next about my PC, so I decided to snoop around and click on some blogs in people's siggys.

Wow people, if you haven't checked out Lindsays blog, make sure you do!

I even used some of your links to other blogs and I could spend hours doing that!

Archived