addicted

Hello All!:)

I just re-joined after a long time away, anyhow, now that I am staying home, (quit my stresful job two weeks ago) I am addicted to crocheting, I don't want to do anything else, I Spring Cleaned and make it a point to clean the house before picking up my hook and yarn, but I feel guilty, staying home and crocheting, what does everyone do to ease the guilt?:hook

I'm retired sooo I do crocheting for many charities. from squares for those who want them to baby blankets,hats, scarves lapghans and the list so very long. You will find it very rewarding!

Alas, into every life a little guilt must fall....Been there, felt that, LeeAnn - I don't doubt that everyone of us has had a similar twitch now and again. It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things, though, as far as time goes; making a point to get done what's needed before taking up your crochet.

I like Grannyt's idea. Having some charitable piece going, along with whatever your current project might be. And, if further treatment is needed, you could take up your guilt along with your hook and surreptitiously work it into your project, freeing up your mind while padding the story your project would tell if it could. ;)

As for worrying about what others in your life might think...Don't tell anyone, but on those occasions when all I want to do is crochet my day away, I've been known to position my vacuum cleaner in the middle of the floor so that anyone who enters will fall under the impression (or over the vacuum) that they caught me in the middle of......something. :lol

BTW, Welcome back to the 'Ville!!!

Hello All! Thank you for easing my guilt! I have worked extremely hard the last five years I went back to school 3/4 time, am married, have two wonderful children and have been involved in all their activities. I guess I just feel strange not having to be somewhere or have somewhere to go. I will be graduating in May, yippee!! but I am getting things done, I have crocheted many afghans for others and charities, the one I am working on now is for my professor, she has been a great mentor and motivator....guess I am chatting too much.

I will definately place the vacuum in the middle of the living room! :>)))))

I am a stay at home mom, and my only child is now in kindergarten full time, so I have lots of time to myself.

Like someone said above, I do my housework before I start crocheting. Then once things are done, then I have fun!

Also, I take care of my mom and grandmother, so when I take them to doctor apointments, I bring my crochet projects with me. I am a multi-tasker! :crocheting

Hi tafkabecky,

It's wonderful being a stay at home mommy, I stayed home with our kiddos when they were younger, but then went back to work and school, that was the most stressful time of my life, I am grateful that I am able to stay home yet again, at least for a few months and then back to work. What are you working on?

If you're at least making sure you get some housework done before you start crocheting, you're doing better than me. :) I usually just pick up my hook and yarn whenever I feel like it, whether my apartment is a mess or not.

Hi Antara,

I make myself clean, but man of man is it getting harder to do that! Lol today was an especially rough day, i did all of the cleaning yesterday so.................what's a gal to do? Hmmm....sit and crochet! lol

Guilt?What guilt?? I feel no guilt when I do something I enjoy,( crochet, counted cross stitch, reading in bed, nice long bubble bath with glass of wine) why should I ? Why should you? Feeling guilty about doing something you enjoy and are going to continue to do, is a waste of time and energy. Do not allow yourself to feel guilty about time spent doing what you enjoy.

Ok, I am officially over the feelings of guilt and am now on my way to crochet addict. I can't stop thinking of it! Help!! Well actually, it's one addiction that is healthy, exciting and good for your health. lol

I like the idea of sitting the vacuum cleaner in the middle of the living room to make it look like you got interrupted while cleaning. My problem is my husband is retired and home all the time so he would figure out my ruse right away. Oh well. I can always come up with reasons to crochet rather than clean. But I really did promise myself I would absolutely, no holds bar, de-clutter my house this year - 2010. My biggest problem is the first thing I want to do in the morning besides drink coffee is crochet. I just thought of something. If I limit myself to say the first hour to crocheting and then put it down until afternoon, just maybe I might get something done besides the bare necessities. I wouldn't feel guilty about wanting to crochet all of the time. It may be you and your brain need a rest from work and school in order to recuperate. When the time comes to go back to work, you and your brain and psyche will be ready. Enjoy!!!!

Archived