Squares request for sil's mom...PICTURE added post 36

TurtleLvr

I've never done this before and feel a little strange asking, but Margaret is family and I need help.

We just found out my sil's mother (Margaret) has a type B lymphomic tumor in her brain (most likely Hodgkin's desease) and I would like to make her a comfortghan.

A little background information, my sil is my brother's high school sweetheart and they have been married almost 21 years with 3 kids. My sil is only 1 year older than me and we've known each other since we were in middle school. Margaret has always been in great health, so this news is not only heartbreaking, but shocking.

I'm only thinking of making a lapghan so I'd need 12 12" squares or if you prefer make 4 of the same 6" squares.

1. Need them in worsted weight yarn (something like Loops and Thread Impeccable)

2. Any pattern works as long as it measures 12".

3. I will do the border on the squares.

4. As for color, any muted Earth tone color would work such as mauve, greens, creams, tans, etc.

5. Please make a card to attach to your square so I can attach them with saftey pins when I send it to her.

You can PM me for my address. Thanks in advance. :hug

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be happy to help! :hug

Just a quick note though... if you are only looking at a lapghan... you'll only need 12 - 12" squares. (36"x48" without border) Thats what that Aran afghan that you are getting for Christmas is made of. 24 squares would make a much bigger afghan.

:heart

:mug

When I get it done send you pm for your addy :hug So very sorry to hear this news.

Thanks Sheila! :hug

I'll be happy to help! :hug

Just a quick note though... if you are only looking at a lapghan... you'll only need 12 - 12" squares. (36"x48" without border) Thats what that Aran afghan that you are getting for Christmas is made of. 24 squares would make a much bigger afghan.

:heart

:mug

Thanks Tammy! :hug I'll edit the first post. My math is off today! :lol

So sorry to hear of the struggles your family is facing :hug I will happily send squares your way. I have one completed and 99.9% of a second square -- I ran out of the yarn on the final round :cry Do you know what color you are going to use to edge the squares you receive? Perhaps I have some of that color in my stash, and I can finish the square...:think I hate to frog it, when I am this close, but it is no good to you at this point -- shoot!! Well, I will figure something out. In the meantime, would you please PM me with your address, so I can pop these in the mail?

Prayers being said for strength for you :heart

So sorry to hear of the struggles your family is facing :hug I will happily send squares your way. I have one completed and 99.9% of a second square -- I ran out of the yarn on the final round :cry Do you know what color you are going to use to edge the squares you receive? Perhaps I have some of that color in my stash, and I can finish the square...:think I hate to frog it, when I am this close, but it is no good to you at this point -- shoot!! Well, I will figure something out. In the meantime, would you please PM me with your address, so I can pop these in the mail?

Prayers being said for strength for you :heart

Thank you Dusti! :hug

Not really sure what color I'm going to edge with, but thinking a cream/tan to bring the colors together. I'm PMing you my address now.

I've been promised 11 squares so far. Just one more would be needed!

Update on Margaret: She's back in the hospital and will begin chemo on Monday. My sil has gone to be with her.

I ended up frogging the square for which I did not have *quite* enough yarn and whipping up another in Vanna's Choice. Two squares will be mailed out to you on Monday. Prayers continue to be said for your sister-in-law and her family.

I ended up frogging the square for which I did not have *quite* enough yarn and whipping up another in Vanna's Choice. Two squares will be mailed out to you on Monday. Prayers continue to be said for your sister-in-law and her family.

Thank you Dusti! :hug

I received 2 packages today in the mail. Thank you so much Dusti and MDickens! The squares are not only gorgeous, but PERFECT!!! I'm all misty eyed and covered in goosebumps!!! I will post pictures later on.

An update on Margaret...she's not doing well at all. She had a bad weekend and was suppose to start chemo this past Monday, but didn't. They put in a shunt. My sil is exhausted going back and forth from Vermont to NY.

Will continue to pray for her. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Thanks Sherry. I have an awful feeling this will end up going to my sil and not Margaret. :(

If you still need squares, I'll send one! Just let me know.

That would be great Nicole! I think I'll need at least 1 more. Thanks so much! :hug

I received another square today from krafty19. Thank you so much Sherry!!! Its very pretty! :hug This makes 6 squares received so far...halfway there! :clap

Right on! I will need your address again. I didn't keep it from the last item I sent.

I'll PM it to you in a few. :hug

I received 2 more squares today. One from craziebunny and another from auntbubbels! Thank you so much! They are beautiful! The count is up to 8.

I received 2 more squares today. One from craziebunny and another from auntbubbels! Thank you so much! They are beautiful! The count is up to 8.

You are very welcome and I wanted to let you know that I washed it before I sent it to you :hug

I received another (this makes 3) square from MDickens today. What a beauty it is! Thank you so much! :hug

You are very welcome and I wanted to let you know that I washed it before I sent it to you :hug

Thanks again Janet! :hug

I just finished the square for the ghan. I'll get it in the mail to you on Monday. Sorry it took longer to finish than I expected.

No problem. I've received 8 so far, then my 2 puts the count to 10. With your's I just need one more, but I'll make that one. Thanks Nicole! :hug

[quote name=TurtleLvr;2024598

No problem. I've received 8 so far' date=' then my 2 puts the count to 10. With your's I just need one more, but I'll make that one. Thanks Nicole! :hug

:turtle:vheart[/quote]

Did you still need the one I said I would make?

Did you still need the one I said I would make?

Yes, if you have time. I know you are also working on a one for your aunt. If not, I can do it. Just let me know.

Archived