Annie's Lace Throw

Has anyone, besides me, purchase the Mary Maxim kit for this throw? I am working on my second one. Would like to know your comments regarding the writing of the pattern. This throw is very pretty and when finished, it is as pretty as the picture (on the front of the current Mary Maxim catalog).

As an update since you have not started yours - If you use a K hook instead of a J, there is NO bulge at all and I am finishing my second one BUT I know I do not have enough yarn and need one more skein. Also it sure would have been helpfully if the stitch count had been included in several places especially for the border rows (all 9 of them). You mentioned mistake, I think you are talking about row 14 and there is another one on row 19. Anyone making this afghan, please free to email me personally if I can be of assistance The first one I did, I used Bernat yarn and it took whole lot more yarn and the actual kit did.

I would like to know if you wre able to purchase the pattern without buying the kit. My mother fell in love with the pattern, but both she and I have yarns in our stash that we would rather use. If you did purchase the pattern, do you have a stock number or something as I have been unable to find one. thanks so much.

As an update since you have not started yours - If you use a K hook instead of a J, there is NO bulge at all and I am finishing my second one BUT I know I do not have enough yarn and need one more skein. Also it sure would have been helpfully if the stitch count had been included in several places especially for the border rows (all 9 of them). You mentioned mistake, I think you are talking about row 14 and there is another one on row 19. Anyone making this afghan, please free to email me personally if I can be of assistance The first one I did, I used Bernat yarn and it took whole lot more yarn and the actual kit did.

I bought it and have finished the center and am working on one of the long ends now. There is a mistake in Rnd 15, but it's easily figured out. I love the way the afghan looks and with the constantly changing patterns within it, I haven't gotten bored.

I'm crocheting mine in the Deep Periwinkle.

It's funny because I rarely buy kits and afghans just never have been something I wanted to make. But this one is so beautiful, I just HAD to have it.

Unfortunately, this is one of those that you must buy the kit. Mary Maxim had a contest of some sort and this throw was a third place winner which of course they did a copyright on. I now have almost an entire page of which I am now calling 'my suggested misprints and suggestions". I am working on my third one and found another mistake. To an experienced crocheter, these are minor things but to me a pattern from a place like MM should be almost perfect and this one sure needs tweeking! Having said all that it is a beautiful throw when finished and well worth the experience of doing it. FURTHER NOTE - got a MM catalog yesterday and the kit is on sale for $29.95 is what I paid but I got in on a free shipment deal as well.

Has anyone, besides me, purchase the Mary Maxim kit for this throw? I am working on my second one. Would like to know your comments regarding the writing of the pattern. This throw is very pretty and when finished, it is as pretty as the picture (on the front of the current Mary Maxim catalog).

What brand yarn are you using on ur 2nd one? I'm going to start this as soon as I possibly can - last kit I purchased from MM the Color Burst Throw - afghan was supposed to turn out 62" but not nearly enuf yarn in the kit to make it anywhere near that big - I needed big so added onto it using reg. RH worsted yarn.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered this kit...it was just too beautiful to pass up! I was thrilled to see this thread...Celia, I agree that when you order from a company like this, that pattern should be perfect. Hope you will share all your insights on this one! I ordered this morning already can't wait for it to arrive! Although now I need to get into gear and finish WIPs before it does!

• 1 month later...

I would like to buy just the pattern for this afghan

can anyone tell me where I can find it,,

I cannot afford the kit

thank you

Melody/shirley

Just out of curiosity, how many ounces of yarn comes with this kit? I have been wondering what sort of value the kits might be. When I saw the Cathedral Rose afghan in a kit at MM, I wished I had gotten it that way instead of buying the pattern alone from another site. I have still not crocheted it because I never find the colors of yarn that I need. I will eventually order it and probably wind up paying what the kit would of been in the first place. But I am a little leery as I read so often of there not being enough yarn in the kits to complete the project. I tend to use a little more than the patterns say already, so I am sure I would run short if anyone does.

• 2 months later...

I am making this right now. Would someone please post the mistakes you have found? I think I found the one on Round 19, it should say sc in the next ch-4 sp not ch-3 sp, but I totally missed the one in Rnd 15. I don't know it I did it wrong or not. It looks ok.

DebraKay, There are 10 31/2oz Balls. It looks like more than enough to me. I only used one ball on the center flower.

Archived