I Can't Remember

:eek I just drive myself crazy sometimes. I have made quite a few things lately and made several gifts for Christmas and I told myself...Self, don't forget to take pictures so you can put them in the show and tell threads. So what did I do? I forgot to take pictures. I have also forgot to take pictures of the last couple of swaps I did but thankfully one of those did send me pictures so I could have them. How can I make myself remember to take pictures?:blush

Me too.... me too..... I forget so many things lately!!! I make my things and just am so happy to give them to people that I forget to take pics.....

Or is it old age for me??? :)

If any ideas are posted they will help me too!!!!

put your camera where you'll see it daily, especially if you have someplace that's near where you crochet or where you package to send off... that way it's a constant reminder...

Ah, but then you have to remember to upload the photos on the pc, and write notes re: who, when, etc. Which I don't always do, and then I can't remember when, or the yarn, or how much I used...

But I always remember to write the month and year, recipient, yarn and amounts on the photocopied pattern I use when I'm done with an item. I do it immediately, as soon as I weave the last end in and start cleaning up after that project. Then the photocopy goes back in the pattern binder (or I write in the book itself, or write that information on a sticky note and stick that on the page in the book; I'm not averse to writing in books, although I know some people are). I also have a note taped inside the front cover of the binder with what I made my family for the past few Christmases, organized by year.

That's as organized as I get! So maybe no one ever sees the photos of the FO, but at least I have some record of it somewhere. Now, if I could find that binder... :P Patty

Ah, but then you have to remember to upload the photos on the pc, and write notes re: who, when, etc. Which I don't always do, and then I can't remember when, or the yarn, or how much I used...

But I always remember to write the month and year, recipient, yarn and amounts on the photocopied pattern I use when I'm done with an item. I do it immediately, as soon as I weave the last end in and start cleaning up after that project. Then the photocopy goes back in the pattern binder (or I write in the book itself, or write that information on a sticky note and stick that on the page in the book; I'm not averse to writing in books, although I know some people are). I also have a note taped inside the front cover of the binder with what I made my family for the past few Christmases, organized by year.

That's as organized as I get! So maybe no one ever sees the photos of the FO, but at least I have some record of it somewhere. Now, if I could find that binder... :P Patty

Oh, Patty. I want to be you when I grow up! :yes

Oh, Patty. I want to be you when I grow up! :yes

Miserable, sad me? Not likely!

Seriously, last month at work, this nice little old man found out that I was 44, unmarried, and had no children. He then went on for 10 minutes about how sad and lonely I must be. Seriously. I know that verges on sexual harrassment, but this little old man really did not see it that way, and really was sad for me. I didn't try to explain that I decided long ago that no man was better than the wrong man.

Anyway, end of threadjack. Oh, except to say that I was born with red hair, so I could be your older, wiser, sassier big sister, Miss Crochet!

Besides, as the hormones change, I've realized if I don't mark it down right then and there, it's not going to get marked down. My memory is shot. Adios, baby! And I think I have something like 300 photos on my camera, so how often do I upload? I'd have to find the cable...

Patty

At least i know I am not alone in my forgetfulness...lol. Thanks ladies. I would never be organized enough to have a binder. Just kidding, I do have a binder full of patterns but I made most of this stuff out of my head. That is a scary place...haha.

I do it, too. I didn't get pics of half the gifts I made for Christmas- any of the hats I made my niece (she is going through chemo :( ). I thought sticking my camera in with my current project basket would remind me- but NOPE! I still forget!

Archived